AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q3 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q3-discussion-195/)
-   -   Tire (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q3-discussion-195/tire-2967091/)

cte1866 02-11-2019 10:58 AM

Tire

This morning I went to the dealer as I was getting the verbiage that all 4 tires needed to be check due to low tire on my screen. So I drove to the dealer and the service guy comes to tell me they checked and set the tire levels for all of them, except the R/R tire did have a tiny hole in it. He said they would be happy to order me a new tire. I said a new tire? I'm looking right at my car and the tire looked fine. He said the hole was very, very, small and I could go a bit as long as I kept an eye on it. I said if it's such a small hole why in the heck would I order a new one, can't you patch it? He said, oh, we can't patch the tire, it's against policy. So I said let me get this straight...there is a teeny tiny hole in my tire that it's against policy to patch, but it's not against policy to charge me $223 for a new one, and discard the old one in a land fill when it's still perfectly fine (the car is only a year old)?
He just looked at me and so I said no, I'm not buying a new tire and asked where is there nearest tire store is so I can get it patched? I went there and got it patched for $22. Unbelievable!
I'm already pissed off at VW Finance with how they run their financing program and now this stupidity. More and more I wish I never bought this car. Audi does everything it can to make life difficult for it's owners and quite frankly I got better treatment from Kia and and Honda when I owned those cars. Not impressed at all.

blchandl2 02-11-2019 05:29 PM

Not uncommon. Fewer places are willing to accept the liability for a failed repair resulting in injuries. You can thank the legal system.

KevinGary 02-12-2019 02:34 AM

Take the car to your local tire store and get it plugged.

cte1866 02-12-2019 03:06 AM

I went to NTB and got the tire fixed. But my question is what if I cannot wait for a new tire. I was there at 9am in the morning, he said he needed to order the tire then I would come back at 1PM and have them install the tire. What if I couldn't wait. So you are essentially held hostage while I wait for a new tire?
I've never had this problem with other car companies so sorry, I see this as a scam.

KevinGary 02-12-2019 03:36 AM

The dealership is just going by the book. Plus I would never stop by the dealer to have something done quickly. If you want a quick favor stick with your local shops.

lowjdml 02-12-2019 08:38 PM

Dealers carry tires for those too lazy or uninformed to use the alternatives available. I doubt if dealers are able to patch a tire.

DanD. 02-16-2019 07:49 PM

I think all dealers are different, they have to follow up main brand rule but they can also add own rules.

One time I was on the way for oil change and low tire pressure light showed up, so dealer took the car, called me in 20 mins to tell there is a hole in one of the tires and asked if I want them to patch it. Hell yes. But it was about 50$.

Now, i but tires from tirerack and install & rotate them at Costco. Balance & rotation 25$. Sweet deal.