Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

When will Q3 be updated?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

My wife said the same thing about seat memory. When you have two drivers of different heights it becomes a more important issue. Apparently none of the Audi "3" model have it. Seems a little cheap. I've told her to wait for the 2019 model and hope that Audi adds this along with the heated steering wheel.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
My wife said the same thing about seat memory. When you have two drivers of different heights it becomes a more important issue. Apparently none of the Audi "3" model have it. Seems a little cheap. I've told her to wait for the 2019 model and hope that Audi adds this along with the heated steering wheel.
In bemoaning the absence of “luxury features” on the Q3 vs. the Q5 or Q7 consider that for Audi the materials involved in building a Q3 are likely about $1,000-$1,500 less than they are for a Q5. In order to offer 3 sizes of SUV’s for the US Audi has a dilemma in deciding what features to load on the more expensive ones, otherwise the MSRP of a Q3, Q5 and Q7 would all likely be very much the same. There has to be a differentiation in content to justify the much higher MSRP of the more upscale models.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Surprising Audi can’t offer these features when rivals in the same sector can.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
In bemoaning the absence of “luxury features” on the Q3 vs. the Q5 or Q7 consider that for Audi the materials involved in building a Q3 are likely about $1,000-$1,500 less than they are for a Q5. In order to offer 3 sizes of SUV’s for the US Audi has a dilemma in deciding what features to load on the more expensive ones, otherwise the MSRP of a Q3, Q5 and Q7 would all likely be very much the same. There has to be a differentiation in content to justify the much higher MSRP of the more upscale models.
This theory makes sense....until you realize that a BWM X1, MB GLA, Volvo XC40, etc ALL have power memory seats STANDARD! This is no longer considered a luxury item but an expected feature. Perhaps it's extra cost in a package, but to not offer it at all is a glaring oversight.

To be fair, however, this was not the case when the Q3 launched many years ago, and it will be replaced in a years time, so Audi will have the opportunity to fix this feature omission.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Agreed, They likely will to meet current expectations.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

I found it interesting that you currently can't get a Prestige level Q3.
The new SQ3 with the 5 cylinder would be great if it makes it to the US!
Old 03-11-2018, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Technology and engine/transmission upgrades would be nice, but the problem for me is that the present Q3 is the first German car that I have ever sat in that doesn't have adequate driver headroom.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.motor1.com/news/237767/2019-audi-q3-render/
Old 04-02-2018, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

That article doesn't seem to emphasize one thing about the "spy photos" that I have also seen mentioned in other places. It seems like the next Q3 is going to get a longer hood and larger rear-end that looks more like a shrunken Q5, though still not as boxy as the Tiguan. It loses some of its coupe appearance. It seems like Audi are planning to introduce a bunch of new crossovers with even numbers (Q2, Q4, Q8) which will be the more coupe-like bodies while the odd numbers will stick to more traditional and boxy SUV shapes, similar to what they have done to the car lines but with the role of odd and even models reversed.

I wonder what percentage of the current Q3 market prefers the coupe and will have to look elsewhere with these changes, and which really wanted a smaller Q5 and will be happy to continue with the redesigned Q3 in the future.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by carkarl
That article doesn't seem to emphasize one thing about the "spy photos" that I have also seen mentioned in other places. It seems like the next Q3 is going to get a longer hood and larger rear-end that looks more like a shrunken Q5, though still not as boxy as the Tiguan. It loses some of its coupe appearance. It seems like Audi are planning to introduce a bunch of new crossovers with even numbers (Q2, Q4, Q8) which will be the more coupe-like bodies while the odd numbers will stick to more traditional and boxy SUV shapes, similar to what they have done to the car lines but with the role of odd and even models reversed.

I wonder what percentage of the current Q3 market prefers the coupe and will have to look elsewhere with these changes, and which really wanted a smaller Q5 and will be happy to continue with the redesigned Q3 in the future.
I do not know where you live, but here in the USA only the 4 door (+rear hatch) version of the Q3 is offered. To me (and to all the Audi fans I speak to) it looks very much like a smaller version of the previous generation Q5 (MK I), certainly not like a coupe.

Quick Reply: When will Q3 be updated?