Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

[DIY Guide] Audi Q5 S-Line Grille Retrofit onto non S-Line Bumper (No Mods Required!)

Old 10-08-2011, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Great DIY guide! Do you have any plans on installing the honeycomb grilles that surround the fog lights? What about the honeycomb grille for the rear bumber?

Again, great guide, thanks!
Thanks trident!

The honeycomb fog grilles only fits the S-Line bumper (shape is different). The rear honeycomb grille I believe only comes with the S-Line rear bumper.

I had a VW MKV GTI for the past 5 yrs before the Q5, thus I had enough of "honeycomb" on my car. I do like the styling of the S-Line front bumper, but not really feeling the honeycomb anymore.

Last edited by c-dub; 10-08-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may be OK in your state, but in Texas it is against the law not to have your license plate on the front of your vehicle.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by xmlstarks
This may be OK in your state, but in Texas it is against the law not to have your license plate on the front of your vehicle.
I'm not sure I get what you mean. The grille replacement is separate from the license plate filler/delete or bracket replacement.

If I move to a State with license plate requirements (e.g. TX, VA), I will just replate the license plate filler/delete with a license plate bracket. The swap only takes 1 min. The S-Line grille stays regardless.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Excellent write-up. Wife noticed an S-line grille the other day and really liked it, so I might be taking this on soon. If you don't mind me asking approx how much did the the new grille run you?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5Dawg
Excellent write-up. Wife noticed an S-line grille the other day and really liked it, so I might be taking this on soon. If you don't mind me asking approx how much did the the new grille run you?
Check PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for this guide c-dub,

I just changed my grill for an s-line grill using your guide and everythnig worked great. here is the result w/ honeycomb non s-line bumper (a bit more than 100 euros on ebay):

One notable difference is that I had PDC so here are the extra instructions for people in that case:

Altogether this is pretty straightforward, the first step is to unplug the connector that's on the upper-side of the grill:

Then you'll have to remove the little "holders" that hold the PDC wire around the grill on the inside:

It's a bit of a pain to remove but doable.

Altogether this was pretty easy, the screws are not very tightly screwed and it's quite easy to screw/unscrew manually.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nivco
Thanks for this guide c-dub,

I just changed my grill for an s-line grill using your guide and everythnig worked great. here is the result w/ honeycomb non s-line bumper (a bit more than 100 euros on ebay):

One notable difference is that I had PDC so here are the extra instructions for people in that case:

Altogether this is pretty straightforward, the first step is to unplug the connector that's on the upper-side of the grill:

Then you'll have to remove the little "holders" that hold the PDC wire around the grill on the inside:

It's a bit of a pain to remove but doable.

Altogether this was pretty easy, the screws are not very tightly screwed and it's quite easy to screw/unscrew manually.
Glad the guide helped. Your supplemental procedure will benefit those with PDC!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2012 Audi Q5 S Line grill retrofit onto non s line bumper

Do you know where I can purchase the Q5 Line grill retrofit
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by mhmeehan
Do you know where I can purchase the Q5 Line grill retrofit
Audi dealers, www.europrice.us or ebay
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Awesome DIY Guide

Just completed my retrofitting of the S-Line Grill on the 2012 Audi Q5 and All credits goes to
1. C-Dub DIY Guide to S-Line Grill retrofitting.
2. Nivco-PDC wire clip removal and reinstall guide.
3. Spijun-for the S-Line Grill Part numbers.

Audi should have just install the S-line Grill to all the Q5's....Considering what we paid for...

Here is the finish result on my 2012 Audi Q5 Monsoon Gray P-Plus models.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
psiked (03-12-2024)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [DIY Guide] Audi Q5 S-Line Grille Retrofit onto non S-Line Bumper (No Mods Required!)