Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2012 Audi Backup Camera announcement

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

It's official....no camera on our MY11....yet. Missed it by about a week. However, it's pre-wired and will be installed when available.

Nothing official regarding accommodation, if any. "Audi has not given any concessions or considerations for the camera." They will, of course, arrange for a loaner or a vehicle pickup, whilst it gets installed.

And so, we await the good ship Lollipop.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

so they will retrofit at no extra charge when they become available... no worries.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

My 2012 Q7 will be arriving in August w/o camera. I just hope the fit, finish and performance of the dealer-installed part is of equal quality to the factory-installed part. My wife is also really nervous backing up w/o a camera on these large vehicles so I hope it's not a long wait...
Old 06-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dealer confirmed that Audi will address backup camera possible compensation or amends in one or two weeks. I will update this thread when I hear anything further.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

U da person devx!!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Any News Devx?

Coming up on a couple of weeks now. Anything further to report on 11s and 12s affected by this shortfall?

No pressure..
Old 06-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cabo de Hornos
Coming up on a couple of weeks now. Anything further to report on 11s and 12s affected by this shortfall?

No pressure..
Cabo, I haven't heard anything from my dealer yet. I'm glad you reminded me though. Hard to believe it's been 2 weeks already . Maybe I'll have a chance to check with them sometime next week.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Surprise!!

Originally Posted by devx
Cabo, I haven't heard anything from my dealer yet. I'm glad you reminded me though. Hard to believe it's been 2 weeks already . Maybe I'll have a chance to check with them sometime next week.
Well, I just found out I've been tracking the wrong vessel!!! (But a good thing in this case) Apparently our dealer sent DW a note Monday that our Q5 landed in Brunswick Monday from Integrity (she hadn't checked her e-mail, and our salesman didn't copy me, so it had slipped her mind and assumed I was copied, and she just mentioned it this morning).

So they are expecting it to arrive as early as this coming Monday (which is a full 2 weeks ahead of original schedule), with prep to follow shortly thereafter, per whatever mutually agreeable schedule we can set.

That said devx, as you can imagine, it sure would be nice to have that info in hand next week. I suppose I could contact AoA and see what they are doing, but I prefer at this point to hear any updates from our salesman or sales manager. I may stop by this weekend and see what's up. Of course, if by some chance the camera is in there, this is all moot. As Artie Johnson (the former Audi "spokesman") used to say "Verrrrry interesting, but shhhtupid".
Old 06-16-2011, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default News Flash!!!

This is too weird to be true. Our salesman just called me to advise that our Q5 has arrived at their dealership!! Audi didn't even tell them it was in transit (nothing new based on prior conversations I've had with him), but this is quite funny.

We might even be wheels up on Saturday. My, my my. I told him I would get back with him. Need to collect my "Q"s that need answering.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great, mine was on Integrity also and I was wondering if it had been moored on Monday. It seems the vessel tracking sites stopped updating position on the approach to Brunswick. I won't be taking delivery as quickly as you though, because I ordered the tow package which is installed at the port.

Quick Reply: 2012 Audi Backup Camera announcement