Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2013 Q5 US Order Guide with Prices & Purchasing Strategy

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Q5 US Order Guide with Prices & Purchasing Strategy

Hi!

New member, see my first post here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2840917

I'm about to order, and I can NOT find the 2013 Q5 US order guide with PRICES anywhere. Ive searched this forum, other forums, general google searches... Does anyone have it?

This year was strange because the first order guides came out WITHOUT the Q5. Then a later guide came out for the Q5, but without pricing. I can find Canada guides with pricing, but never the US.

Here is my purchasing strategy. We qualify for Supplier Discount AND Loyalty. This will be 6% off of the MSRP (ex destination) AND $1000. I don't believe that I can negotiate lower than that.

I want to get an order guide with pricing, fill it out, calculate the exact price, make a PDF, and email it to several dealers. Have them COMMIT in writing to a final out-the-door price including their fees, etc. I also want to see who will throw in AudiCare, Mats, etc. etc. etc. I have some free flights, so I can send this to dealers in several states.

What do you think of this strategy?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I found this:
http://bit.ly/XkGCsW

edit: never mind.. no prices for q5
Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Don't bother emailing anyone in Houston

All 3 audi dealers in Houston showed absolutely little if any interest in any negotiation for a new Q5. Inventories were low to non-existent. My recollection from 2 months ago was 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus (No navigation) were selling for $43K. They were only willing to come down $500 from sticker. Dealers were selling their 2012 Q5 service demos with 15K miles for $43K. These demos had the Navigation package.

I ended up buying a 2011 from a Lexus dealer.

Depending on your location, you might not get alot of nibbles.

Originally Posted by Cobalt Rain
Hi!

New member, see my first post here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2840917

I'm about to order, and I can NOT find the 2013 Q5 US order guide with PRICES anywhere. Ive searched this forum, other forums, general google searches... Does anyone have it?

This year was strange because the first order guides came out WITHOUT the Q5. Then a later guide came out for the Q5, but without pricing. I can find Canada guides with pricing, but never the US.

Here is my purchasing strategy. We qualify for Supplier Discount AND Loyalty. This will be 6% off of the MSRP (ex destination) AND $1000. I don't believe that I can negotiate lower than that.

I want to get an order guide with pricing, fill it out, calculate the exact price, make a PDF, and email it to several dealers. Have them COMMIT in writing to a final out-the-door price including their fees, etc. I also want to see who will throw in AudiCare, Mats, etc. etc. etc. I have some free flights, so I can send this to dealers in several states.

What do you think of this strategy?
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before I bought one off the lot for invoice price, I had a Q5 on order from my dealer for $1000 over invoice. I also called around to other dealerships in Texas and found that some were willing to haggle while others wanted MSRP.

Here's my copy of the Order Guide.

Good Luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2013 Order Guide.pdf (335.6 KB, 398 views)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My experience was that dealers in metropolitan locations were getting away with MRSP (or $500 below, max), and dealers in smaller communities were willing to negotiate. I got $1000 over invoice at a dealer 1.5 hr drive away. If you are in a position to offer them something (ie, I have "XX" cash and will drop it now if you give me X) that might be good leverage, but otherwise the dealers don't tend to have a lot of incentive to bargain since people are paying top dollar.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you SOOO Much... I'm surprised that this hasn't been posted anywhere yet...

Originally Posted by abcabc

Here's my copy of the Order Guide.

Good Luck.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

HoustonKen and SunsetOrange -

Thanks for the tips on negotiation... I **think** that we are a special case. My wife works for a company that is considered a "Strategic Supplier" to Audi. So, we get to use the "Audi Supplier Program" which guarantees us 6% off of MSRP. AOA pays 3%-4% of this to the dealer, so the dealer only "loses" 2%-3% off of MSRP.

Additionally, because we already own one Audi, we qualify for "Audi Loyalty Program", which gives us *another* $1000. This is entirely paid by AOA.

So, there is really no negotiation involved, the dealer basically has to sell us the car at that price.

But since AOA is picking up most of that distance below MSRP, some dealers may be able to sweeten the deal with reduced D&H fees, mats, or even AudiCare (I'm keeping my fingers crossed!).

So, this is why I needed the order guide with prices, I am just going to submit the "filled out" order guide, with the new calculated price, and then ask them to sweeten the deal, if possible.