Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 Q5 - net

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2014 Q5 - net

Does the 2014 Q5 come with a net that separates the front seat from backseat or from the back seats and the trunk or is this an optional accessory that we purchase?
Old 08-24-2014, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '11 A4 Avant came with one, but my partner's '14 Q5 doesn't have one.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

My 2014 SQ5 did not come with any nets. Steve
Old 08-24-2014, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

My 2014 Q5 TDI Progressiv S-Line (Canadian version -similar to US Prestige Package) came with one and I must admit I was surprised when I discovered it in its own bag in the trunk.It's a large affair that goes from ceiling to trunk floor and is obviously intended to prevent cargo or dogs from flying forward.Now all I have to do is get a dog.
My previous 2003 Avant had one which was integrated into the back seat/cargo cover device and it was quite clever and unobtrusive.Cost cutting is part of modern day life and at least europeans still give some thought to securing cargo and 4 legged travelers.

Last edited by MurrayA4; 08-25-2014 at 03:35 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MurrayA4
My 2014 Q5 TDI Progressiv S-Line (Canadian version -similar to US Prestige Package) came with one and I must admit I was surprised when I discovered it in its own bag in the trunk.It's a large affair that goes from ceiling to trunk floor and is obviously intended to prevent cargo or dogs from flying forward.Now all I have to do is get a dog.
My previous 2003 Avant had one which was integrated into to back seat/cargo cover device and it was quite clever and unobtrusive.Cost cutting is part of modern day life and at least europeans still give some thought to securing cargo and 4 legged travelers.
Where exactly did you find the net? When my wife gets home tomorrow in our '14 Q5, I want to look in ours. I already have the pooch so the net would be a welcome find. My guess is that the U.S. versions don't include this nicety, as I've been pretty much all over the cargo area and don't recall seeing anything like that.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't think we get it in the US. I should have been more specific, but I watched a video review of a 2014 Q5 TDI from Canada and they discussed how it was standard in the Q5 TDI. ---- It looks like a pretty cool net. I'm headed back to my dealer Tuesday to pick up a few accessories that were part of out purchase and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Audi MMI - Displaying Diesel gas stations

I spent sometime going through the Q5 MMI Nav manual in my TDI about a week ago and recall coming across a section where I could choose what to display on the lest side of the nav system. I was able to turn off all the "gas stations" and other items that I found distracting. ---- However, I am interested in knowing if I am able to display diesel only stations in the left side display? I recall when the feature was on it showed things like gas stations, fast food, etc.... sometimes I saw gas symbol and other times I saw gas symbols with D for diesel. I'd love to know if I would be able to only show diesel stations in the display or not?
Old 08-24-2014, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default MMS Nav - w/o audi connect (upgrade)

I'm still in my first free six months with audi connect and the 3g and have already expressed my dismay that the system is 3G not 4LTE. Since I have unlimited data on my iphone 5 and chose to pay for mobile hot spot on it I don't really need the 3g hotspot in the car. I understand why it is 3g and not 4lte etc... I was wondering if I chose to not do the 30 month extension for $15 per month what will happen to my Nav system?

For example:

1) Will the nav just work but won't allow google maps to be used instead just non-google maps/earth

2) Do I need to update my maps if I don't choose to use audi connect which I would assume is always using the latest maps since it is connected to the internet? --- Is this true or not?

3) If I do need to upgrade is it because I am now not using the audi connect feature which means the maps loaded into MMI are static and will need to upgrade yearly or every two years to be accurate?

4) How much is the upgrade? Is a DVD or SD card or something else?

5) I am a huge fan of the audi connect iphone app and use it all the time to send online destinations to my car (or use a computer before going in the car). Will this feature stop working if I don't pay the $15 per month? It is a nice feature to have etc... I believe our old garmin nav has an iphone app and it allowed us to send via bluetooth the address or destination. --- I wonder if this would still work or just stop working all together?

It seems to me that $15 per months isn't to much to pay if the maps and nav system is the most recent depending on how much it costs to upgrade the system if I chose to no longer pay for the audi connect 4g etc... Sometimes upgrading could cost a couple of hundred dollars etc...

Thanks for any advice.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by imdakine1
I'm still in my first free six months with audi connect and the 3g and have already expressed my dismay that the system is 3G not 4LTE. Since I have unlimited data on my iphone 5 and chose to pay for mobile hot spot on it I don't really need the 3g hotspot in the car. I understand why it is 3g and not 4lte etc... I was wondering if I chose to not do the 30 month extension for $15 per month what will happen to my Nav system?

Thanks for any advice.
Only new A3 has 4G and it is the first car in the world with 4G

Audi Q5 on the platform A5 / A4 from 2008, the new Q5 MY2017 will have 4G

Navigation has its own HDD, the maps are copied from the SD card, of course you need to pay as well as activation

Originally Posted by imdakine1
Does the 2014 Q5 come with a net that separates the front seat from backseat or from the back seats and the trunk or is this an optional accessory that we purchase?
Here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...2857314/page2/

Last edited by spijun; 08-24-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

My Canadian '14 Q5 came with the net...took me a 'net search to find out what it was and how to install it. Don't have a dog so it will sit in my basement until the car gets sold...along with the roof rack stuff.

Quick Reply: 2014 Q5 - net