Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 Q5 Order Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Rlk1
Stopped by the local dealer today, and got some good news. My salesman said that I should have a VIN for my Q in the next week or two. Also the SM said the expected delivery of the first gas powered Q's has been moved up. He originally thought they would be getting their first shipment towards the latter half of July, now he thinks it will be the early part of the month.
Said mine will be one of the first delivered. Asked about pricing, and was told it's coming very soon, perhaps next week. The excitement level is rising.
I hope I'm right there with you, but my dealer seems to be clueless about when it might start production. I do have 2 of their first 2014 models entered into the ordering system, but they have no idea if being an SQ5 order means delayed production or not. When you say gas powered Q's production being move up, I wonder if that includes the SQ5 as well.

Do you know if the commission number has anything to do with order of production? I placed my order on 4/18 and received a vehicle assigned status with comm# F67655
Old 05-11-2013, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
I hope I'm right there with you, but my dealer seems to be clueless about when it might start production. I do have 2 of their first 2014 models entered into the ordering system, but they have no idea if being an SQ5 order means delayed production or not. When you say gas powered Q's production being move up, I wonder if that includes the SQ5 as well.

Do you know if the commission number has anything to do with order of production? I placed my order on 4/18 and received a vehicle assigned status with comm# F67655
Hi Larry,
Since you have a commission number, your vehicle has been released for production. It will be in the factory que, and you should have a VIN and build date soon.
My dealer said the gas engine Q's will get first priority including the SQ5, and unless you have an exclusive color your order should come along with the Q's. He also thought the TDI's would be a few weeks later.
Regards,
Ron
Old 05-11-2013, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

that is great news then... thanks!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV

That would be awesome if that is true. Dealer told me he thought it would me mid September before I would see my SQ5. I was first on the list to order a SQ5 so allocation was not a problem. He said my Audi Exclusive color would maybe hold up things a month or so. I am in no big hurry as long as it is here before Oct 31. I leave early November for Texas. I want to have time to get my clear bra and window tint installed and maybe get winter tires depending on the weather.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by stash64
The torque difference is what I would miss most. I don't have anything to tow at the moment but, if I did get a boat, I might regret not choosing the TDI.
Pretty sure there's people towing on 2.0Ts, though I'm sure the TDI would be one of the simpler engines to do it with. At the same time, you can always deal with that particular shortcoming if you ever got anything to tow. No sense in trying to plan for every possible case up front.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by meskridge1
We are doing Euro Delivery in September

2014 Q5 TDI
Prestige
Tow
Audi Exclusive Jet Blue
Pistachio interior
Comfort Package
Meskridge,

What did it cost to do a euro delivery option? and how does that work? Does Audi help with providing lodging or are you on your own for that?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by martian421
Meskridge,

What did it cost to do a euro delivery option? and how does that work? Does Audi help with providing lodging or are you on your own for that?
Some of the program info: http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e..._delivery.html

ED gives you flat pricing on the vehicle (3-5% off depending on vehicle, not sure where the Q5 falls).
Old 05-20-2013, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got a call from my SM today. Not good news. He now tells me that the 2014's with the S-line package are not coming in late July. Said there is a delay with production for those orders, and no timeframe for delivery. Does anyone know what could be causing the delay? I don't see anything on the AOA website.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by idale
Some of the program info: http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e..._delivery.html

ED gives you flat pricing on the vehicle (3-5% off depending on vehicle, not sure where the Q5 falls).
The Q5 would be 5%. It isn't a guaranteed discount, but sounds like most dealerships will give you at least the 5%. You get 1 free night of hotel and transportation to the factory. One of the major advantages is that you have insurance coverage on the car for up to 2 weeks.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rlk1
Got a call from my SM today. Not good news. He now tells me that the 2014's with the S-line package are not coming in late July. Said there is a delay with production for those orders, and no timeframe for delivery. Does anyone know what could be causing the delay? I don't see anything on the AOA website.
That is correct. It's probably the Wheels. Audi already amended the order guides and you can't get the titanium or black optics packages right now. A4/A5 A6/A7

I hate that Audi is shooting itself right out of the gate on 14 models with some options.

Seems like the problems always revolve around the titanium and sline wheel options & trim.

Quick Reply: 2014 Q5 Order Tracking Thread