AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   2014 Q5 TDI S Line Package Question (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/2014-q5-tdi-s-line-package-question-2845853/)

teddyruxpin 04-13-2013 10:15 AM

2014 Q5 TDI S Line Package Question

Hi,

I will be purchasing a 2014 Q5 TDI and have a question with regards to the S Line package and sport seats. I love everything about the S Line Package except the brushed aluminum inlays. I much prefer the brown ash inlays. I know the guide states that the ash inlays are not available with the S Line package but has anybody been able or tried to order a Q5 with the S Line Package and the ash inlays? Is it possible to swap out the aluminum inlays at the dealership?

I was doing a search on the 2013 Q5's at dealerships and saw some vehicles with the S-Line package, sport seats, and the ash inlays so it must be possible somehow.

Any input on this subject would be extremely helpful.

idale 04-13-2013 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by teddyruxpin (Post 24431909)
Hi,

I will be purchasing a 2014 Q5 TDI and have a question with regards to the S Line package and sport seats. I love everything about the S Line Package except the brushed aluminum inlays. I much prefer the brown ash inlays. I know the guide states that the ash inlays are not available with the S Line package but has anybody been able or tried to order a Q5 with the S Line Package and the ash inlays? Is it possible to swap out the aluminum inlays at the dealership?

According the the order guide, you can't select any other inlay if you have the S-Line package selected. You can of course have it swapped out after the fact (replacement inlays can be purchased and swapped in), though I've no idea the cost of going that route.

I was doing a search on the 2013 Q5's at dealerships and saw some vehicles with the S-Line package, sport seats, and the ash inlays so it must be possible somehow.
All 3.0Ts have "S-Line exterior", so you may have been seeing that being listed.

soonerfan 04-13-2013 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by teddyruxpin (Post 24431909)
Hi,

Any input on this subject would be extremely helpful.

Seems like you can....I've seen those as well.

S4forDC 04-13-2013 01:55 PM

I wanted the full S Line package for my '13 3.0T but, like you, didn't want the aluminum inlays (I prefer the wood, and there have been several reports of the aluminum denting fairly easily). I also wanted all season tires (though I would have swapped the summers off as I did on my S4) and I really wanted the black headliner. I settled for the Black interior with Sport Interior package. I have no regrets with it, but would have really liked to customize my Q5. If ordering a car, it seems that there should be an ability to get the specific equipment that we want. For example, the S Line with wood inlays, or the non S Line with a black headliner. All available, just configured how I want it.

BlackAce 04-13-2013 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by S4forDC (Post 24431999)
For example, the S Line with wood inlays, or the non S Line with a black headliner. All available, just configured how I want it.

I agree. I know the package thing is their way of making money, but if I can get the black headliner simply by ordering chestnut seats, I should be able to get it with my black seats as well. They aren't losing out on any money there. I'd be less bitter if it was limited to S line only, but the fact that I can get it with another standard color and not mine is just insulting. ;)

idale 04-13-2013 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by BlackAce (Post 24432001)
I agree. I know the package thing is their way of making money, but if I can get the black headliner simply by ordering chestnut seats, I should be able to get it with my black seats as well. They aren't losing out on any money there. I'd be less bitter if it was limited to S line only, but the fact that I can get it with another standard color and not mine is just insulting. ;)

You can get black seats and headliner, it's called S-Line package. ;) Most likely the restrictions help us "pay" for getting vehicles a cheaper here. Can be frustrating when something is pretty simple to do on their end but we can't even pick it at all (even for an additional premium), though.

BlackAce 04-13-2013 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by idale (Post 24432013)
You can get black seats and headliner, it's called S-Line package. ;) Most likely the restrictions help us "pay" for getting vehicles a cheaper here. Can be frustrating when something is pretty simple to do on their end but we can't even pick it at all (even for an additional premium), though.

Right, I know. But why can I get the black headliner as standard (without package) as long as I buy brown seats?

idale 04-13-2013 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by BlackAce (Post 24432026)
Right, I know. But why can I get the black headliner as standard (without package) as long as I buy brown seats?

"Because". ;) Oddly it's not a universal thing where Chestnut seats means black headliner, since the A5 keeps the grey headliner. A4/allroad align with the Q5 on that, though. Some models let you configure the headliner, of course the Q5 isn't one of them.

Basically we're all just at the mercy of AoA on what they feel like doing (and potentially also restricted by Audi HQ if there's anything they want to restrict). Annoying, but it is what it is. :(

Mark P 04-13-2013 04:50 PM

Yup, likely saw a S Line (standard) 3.0T without S Line Package.

Here is 2014 info, but similar for 2013:

The 3.0T comes standard with:
S line emblems on door sills & fenders
S line front & rear bumpers and side valances

But has optional package:
S line package (requires WQB)(n/a with PR1, 7TL, 5MT, 5MF)
20" Titanium 5-segment-spoke-design wheels with 255/45 summer tires*
Audi adaptive damping suspension
Brushed Aluminum decorative inlays
Audi drive select controls
3-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel with shift paddles
Black cloth headliner
High gloss black package
Matte black roof rails

Note the above requirement for WQB (sport interior pkg) and not available with:
PR1, - 20" 5-arm-design wheel with 255/45 summer tires (n/a with PQX)*
7TL, - Ash Brown Natural inlays (n/a with PQX, 5MT, 5MF)
5MT, - Layered Oak inlays (n/a with PQX, 5MF,7TL)
5MF - Aluminum Satellite inlays (n/a with PQX, 5MT, 7TL)

teddyruxpin 04-13-2013 05:13 PM

Thanks for all the input. I guess I will just have to order the S Line Package and a extra set of the ash brown inlays. I then will have them swapped out at the dealership. I know it is going to cost a bit more but I just do not like the look of the brushed aluminum.