Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2015 Audi Exclusive SQ5-TH3 HULk Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seat belts to be installed in my SQ5

Carbon parts soon to be made for my car, thanks to Paul at c6 Carbon. Photos of Parts installed on IAN's SQ5.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you 034!!!
Old 08-13-2015, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like some of the stuff on your SQ5.
The color is awesome.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the green stitching and the quilted seats.
I, however, don't like the inlays...it's too much (especially around the shifter)...the carbon would have looked better (IMO).
I love the stitching on the shifter boot and on the floor mats...awesome touch.
I don't like the alcantara steering wheels...looks like a fuzzy dog or something from the '70's interior. Just doesn't look up-scale like the rest of the car.
I actually like the OEM 21" wheels...they look great. Can't wait to see your custom ones though.
I don't like the stickers on the rear window...it makes Audi's perfect rear-end not look symmetrical (and symmetry is beauty).
As far as the aftermarket mods...fantastic.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I cannot imagine the cost but I agree. The exterior color is great, the stitching and pattern on the interior is great but the inlays are just a bit too much.

Not a dig against what you did, your obviously looking for a high quality setup all around but unfortunately painted plastic looks like painted plastic. The center console one IMO draws too much.

It is a bright/vivid/shocking color and the seats/leather surfaces looks good because its mixed in lightly to create contrast, the center console and inlays mess that feeling up.

What would have been cool, and most likely cost more than the entire car, the black ash wood but with green aluminum inlays instead of silver.

If those were the aluminum inlays painted they would look better if they still had their etching/pattern to them and a more matte finish.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2015 Audi Exclusive SQ5-TH3 HULk Build

Love the ride! The only thing I think that would make it better would be if you could get the carbon fiber trim inlays with green thread woven into it. Similar to how you can get the arras red fibers woven into the carbon fiber on the S6. Don't know if that would be even feasible.

Edit: like this

Last edited by yocubed; 08-15-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you Cobrar97, Eric & Yocubed for your honest opinions on my sq5 build. And on how you would of built it your selves.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Ts0
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the steering wheel
Old 08-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by IC3MAN SQ5
Thank you Cobrar97, Eric & Yocubed for your honest opinions on my sq5 build. And on how you would of built it your selves.
IC3MAN. Quick question, the front caliper and rotor setup you have is it a direct bolt up? Or did your shop have to custom make brackets for the RS6 calipers? I ask because this way might be a cheaper alternative to the Brembo GT kit if it's an easy fit.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2015, 09:30 PM
TTG
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a crossover, not a truck.

I guess with all of you have done, you got yourself a custom SQ5 for the price of a Macan S.

You do know that Q5 will be redone very soon. Not sure if I would of spent that much $$$ on a something that is at the end of its cycle.

Also, why would you pay for supercharged badges but yet de-badge the car later on?? It seems like you checked every single possible option out there.

Last edited by TTG; 08-20-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TTG
It is a crossover, not a truck.

I guess with all of you have done, you got yourself a custom SQ5 for the price of a Macan S.

You do know that Q5 will be redone very soon. Not sure if I would of spent that much $$$ on a something that is at the end of its cycle.

Also, why would you pay for supercharged badges but yet de-badge the car later on?? It seems like you checked every single possible option out there.
I would imagine he has no money worries and that he prefers the SQ5 to the Macan...I know I do. I have never liked Porsche styling. As for buying badges then removing them, well, if he doesn't like them after seeing them on the car why keep them?

I think it's great to see someone truly do something original with their car. I hope there are more down the road!

Quick Reply: 2015 Audi Exclusive SQ5-TH3 HULk Build