Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2015 Q5 3.0 TDI DIESEL

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI DIESEL

Hi,
I leased an Audi Q5 3.0 TDI and live in California. My lease is up in September and I'm in love with the car and the diesel mileage but also in love with the benefits of Leasing since I hate car problems.

I've heard that Audi is allowing us to buy our cars upon lease expiration and that Diesels are high in demand after the emissions debaucle.

Was looking for any advice from you to see if I should buy my TDI or go for leading a new Q5 (not diesel).

Thanks in advance!
Lisa
Old 08-19-2017, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lisa Choi
Hi,
I leased an Audi Q5 3.0 TDI and live in California. My lease is up in September and I'm in love with the car and the diesel mileage but also in love with the benefits of Leasing since I hate car problems.

I've heard that Audi is allowing us to buy our cars upon lease expiration and that Diesels are high in demand after the emissions debaucle.

Was looking for any advice from you to see if I should buy my TDI or go for leading a new Q5 (not diesel).

Thanks in advance!
Lisa
Have you driven the '18 with 2.0? I dont see one in my future... I wouldnt do an even trade of my '15 TDI for an '18 2.0.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Seriously consider keeping the TDI. You currently have a factory warranty which will continue until the fix is available, and you will have an "emissions" warranty for 10 years or 120,000 miles that covers the long block engine, fuel system from fuel tanks to engine, the complete exhaust system, and the emissions system after the fix. You will get the second half of the repair payment. And you are buying out at a set residual price that is below current FMV. And if there is a buy back, you will get a significant payment.

On top of all of that, you won't be able to purchase another new Audi TDI unless you are very lucky to find a 2016 somewhere.

So if you love the car and it has treated you good, I would recommend you keep it.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dennis! Appreciate your feedback and recommendations!
Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Seriously consider keeping the TDI. You currently have a factory warranty which will continue until the fix is available, and you will have an "emissions" warranty for 10 years or 120,000 miles that covers the long block engine, fuel system from fuel tanks to engine, the complete exhaust system, and the emissions system after the fix. You will get the second half of the repair payment. And you are buying out at a set residual price that is below current FMV. And if there is a buy back, you will get a significant payment.

On top of all of that, you won't be able to purchase another new Audi TDI unless you are very lucky to find a 2016 somewhere.

So if you love the car and it has treated you good, I would recommend you keep it.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lisa Choi
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
Lisa
Make sure you file to get your $ from Audi and Bosch.

Grey