Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2015 Q5 Budget OBDII to Reset "Sevice Due"

Old 01-14-2018, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Q5 Budget OBDII to Reset "Sevice Due"

Hi guys

I have a 2015 Q5 2.0T and 2012 A5 2.0T. Both have now reached 55K miles, I now do my own oil changes and service because of the high price at the local dealer here in Michigan USA.

I can reset the oil change intervals myself using the MMI but of course I still get the dreaded "Service Due" at start up.

I was hoping for some suggestions for a reasonably priced OBDII that will allow me to reset the service due message on both cars.

Perhaps something from Amazon or Ebay?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

BP2
Old 01-14-2018, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I believe OBDEleven is one of your cheapest options for resetting the software. Or maybe you could fine someone local who already has it or a vag-com cable to do it for you.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Yes, per the other reply it has to be one of the choices that support VW/Audi vehicles. Generic OBDII won't do it AFAIK.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys, the OBDEleven looks like a great option but it is Android only and I do not have an Android phone or tablet.

I have an iPhone and windows 10 laptop, does anybody know of an IOS device that will do the job, I don't want to reprogram the car just reset the Service Due on start up.

I guess this is a real money maker for the Audi dealers .. lol
Old 01-14-2018, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

I’ve reset oil change and service due notifications using Carista. You can buy their branded adapters on amazon or their website.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:19 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Britpoptwo
Thanks guys, the OBDEleven looks like a great option but it is Android only and I do not have an Android phone or tablet.

I have an iPhone and windows 10 laptop, does anybody know of an IOS device that will do the job, I don't want to reprogram the car just reset the Service Due on start up.

I guess this is a real money maker for the Audi dealers .. lol
Carista has a smartphone application for iOS 8.0 OBD2. Check ecstuning.com for more information for Audi submodels.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try Carista, the current pricing is $39.99 from Amazon Prime.

The latest information I have found tells me that it will now cost $9.99 per week to allow me to use functions like "Service Due" reset

This seems like a reasonable cost as I will only need that functionality on each car every 10K miles.

I will let you guys know how well it works.

There are quite a few units on Amazon for around $20 that claim to have the same functionality like Foseal and the ELM327 but I am not sure they will work with our cars?
Old 01-19-2018, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

+1 on Carista. HOWEVER.
Bluetooth data devices, including ODB2 ports, will not work with Apple phones unless the device has a licensed Apple BT chip and license key, which cost about $5 to the device maker. That means you need to first, make sure the ODB adapter will work with your iphone, and second, expect it will cost $10 more than other devices.
The alternative of course is to buy or borrow some cheap Android phone (some are $20 new) and just use it with WiFi and BT, no phone service needed. Can also be left in the car as a diagnostic display or emergency call cell phone. FWIW.

Apple says their chip and license policy is to ensure the security of BT data streams, as opposed to Android where the data stream is unsecure. This applies to DATA connections, not plain audio and music.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good point Redd

I received my Carista from Amazon with free shipping in 2 days ...... downloaded the app from the App store

Plugged it in, the app synced immediately and recognized the 2015 Q5

It found no error codes so I hit the SERVICE button in Carista, it gave me a choice of resetting the service due or retracting the rear calipers

I chose the service reset ..... made an in app purchase of $9.99 for the week to enable the operation

Service Due is gone! Great purchase for me, I will also use it on my 2012 A5 when the time comes ....
Old 01-19-2018, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do a lot of your own work, I'd recommend the Ross-Tech cable and software (VAG-COM) as you can a TON of stuff to the vehicle. If you have a TDI and do your own fuel filter change, you HAVE to have something like that to bleed the fuel system or you'll destroy the fuel pump and delivery system!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Q5 Budget OBDII to Reset "Sevice Due"