Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2016 SQ5: Blk on Blk on Blk

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 05:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 SQ5: Blk on Blk on Blk

Taking delivery of a 2016 Brilliant Black SQ5 w/Black Optic package today. Trading in the Allroad. Hope to post pics soon! : )

(also: new to the forum...)
Old 07-21-2015, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on the new beast
That's exactly what I'm waiting for as well, two more weeks, 2016 Techniq loaded, B on B, 21" rim etc, except red sport calipers, just trying to decide whether or not to pay the dealer $800 for the paint protection or have it done professionally for $1000, plus $1400 for the tow hitch.
Decisions decisions

Originally Posted by CGCSQ5
Taking delivery of a 2016 Brilliant Black SQ5 w/Black Optic package today. Trading in the Allroad. Hope to post pics soon! : )

(also: new to the forum...)
Old 07-21-2015, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks! Congrats to you as well. This totally took me by surprise; didn't think I would like the black optic but it is NICE. Also have the 21" and the red sport calipers. I'm on the fence about paint protection. I'll try and post pics tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'd love to see pics, I'm crawling the walls waiting for mine to arrive, asked my doc to put me to sleep for a couple weeks, he laughed.
Sounds like you have the exact same ride as mine, I have an insanely expensive "Amazing Quality" JLaudio sub and amp I will be putting in the back of mine to compensate for the weak low end on the stock B&O sound system, this is gonna be the best vehicle I've ever owned next to the crazy red supercharged MR2 I used to have.

Thanks! Congrats to you as well. This totally took me by surprise; didn't think I would like the black optic but it is NICE. Also have the 21" and the red sport calipers. I'm on the fence about paint protection. I'll try and post pics tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm trying to stay calm. Else, I would get no work done. The only thing I'm disappointed about not having is the Adaptive Cruise - which I have in the Allroad and LOVE. But they made the best deal on this one since it was in the showroom. It had only been on the lot 4 days.

Surprised to hear you describe the B&O sound system "weak" Yours is gonna sound SICK! We will definitely have to compare notes. Will certainly be interested in any other mods.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

From what I read, the adaptive cruise control would really only come in handy if your on the highway ALOT, mine came included but I'm not on the highway so much. I'm a bit OCD about my audio, my JL Audio 13 W7 subwoofer is in a sealed enclosure powered by a JL audio 1200 Watt stable to 1 ohm Digital amp, its incredibly, effortlessly smooth bass when fed the right sound track, especially for jazz or instrumental. I'll look forward to your pics when you get a chance, thank you my friend.

I'm trying to stay calm. Else, I would get no work done. The only thing I'm disappointed about not having is the Adaptive Cruise - which I have in the Allroad and LOVE. But they made the best deal on this one since it was in the showroom. It had only been on the lot 4 days.

Surprised to hear you describe the B&O sound system "weak" Yours is gonna sound SICK! We will definitely have to compare notes. Will certainly be interested in any other mods.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Absolutely.

Thinking about putting it on the track at VIR. Been invited to a track day .....
Old 07-22-2015, 04:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Brand new with only 24 miles.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here are some pics - as promised.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Holy! That's just dam sexy!!!
Does that have the Zylon coating?
The kid in me is just screamin FAWKIN A and the adult is gruntin ARGH ARGH ARGH.
Classy n sporty so nicely combined, what a package of a ride!
Congrats my friend, now I'm knockin the wall down instead of climbing it :-)
2 more weeks for me

Quick Reply: 2016 SQ5: Blk on Blk on Blk