Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2016 TDI Need help quickly!!!

Old 09-16-2015, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcampbell3
Thanks for reassurances, it goes in Monday at 1:00 pm.
If anyone is interested I will post findings. Thanks to all

cheers
Definitely, it's always good to know what people are experiencing, whether it's common or rare. That way if anyone runs into something similar and happens across this thread then there'll be at least one person's results that they could take to their own dealer to help diagnose their own issues.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by idale
Definitely, it's always good to know what people are experiencing, whether it's common or rare. That way if anyone runs into something similar and happens across this thread then there'll be at least one person's results that they could take to their own dealer to help diagnose their own issues.
After a couple of hours and test driving the car they said they could not duplicate. So we went for a ride and I quickly showed them how easily it bogged down and would not accelerate. Easy pezzey, I can do it on demand, the odd time it doesn't bog, it appears to have no grunt at all, car had not faults or codes, so they will call Audi central for guidance.

I am disappointed, had hoped it would be a simple fix. I know these difficult problems go, and am not looking forward to a half assed protracted, long drawn out solution.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default well its BACK....colour me embarassed

After a couple of hours and test driving the car they said they could not duplicate. So we went for a ride and I quickly showed them how easily it bogged down and would not accelerate. Easy pezzey, I can do it on demand, the odd time it doesn't bog, it appears to have no grunt at all, car had not faults or codes, so they will call Audi central for guidance.

I am disappointed, had hoped it would be a simple fix. I know these difficult problems go, and am not looking forward to a half assed protracted, long drawn out solution.

They called today and said it was fixed, they could not duplicate the bogging, they sent complete scans to audi central and changed the fuel filter (as some have been reported bad) and we went fort a test drive.

First corner I poked it and sure enough it bogged to nothing! He said do it again, so I did, and it did the same thing!

Then he said this time make sure you don't touch the brake pedal! I said I didn't, he said try again and make sure!!!

I did so by pressing my foot against the foot-well wall and guess what, yup, could not do it!!! Jesus....my big size 12's must "just" disturb or graze the brake pedal somehow enough that it goes into stall mode thinking I have pressed both pedals (I do not left foot brake)? how could it be so sensitive? he said it is and no way to adjust!!! SO..........

That is the end of that, I am at fault, my bad and must learn to live with it. I will look at pedal arrangement tomorrow and see if I can get some more room for my big clod hoppers! never have had anything like this in all my years of driving.

Thanks for the replies and my apologizes for my genetically large feet! at least it may help out some other owner somewhere, sometime!

Cheers
Old 09-25-2015, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Jesus....my big size 12's must "just" disturb or graze the brake pedal somehow enough that it goes into stall mode thinking I have pressed both pedals (I do not left foot brake)? how could it be so sensitive? he said it is and no way to adjust!!! SO..........

That is the end of that, I am at fault,

J, this is a safety feature that was implemented after the "sudden acceleration" fiasco.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't been in your shoes (pun intended), but I bet the Audi guy is retelling your story with complete poetic license and embellishment. I truly did laugh out loud.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I think you should make the story even better by saying something like, "my big size 18's must "just" disturb or graze ..."

Chiclet, ducking and running back to the A6 forum...