Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 08:54 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

440 horsepower 2014 Audi SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snig
Are you sure you want to put downpipes on the car? lol.
Not just any down pipes. I wouldn't go with anything other than AWE. They do some really good quality work. That is assuming they release down pipes for the sq5. I have met a few people with awe exhaust and down pipes on their s model audis and I've only heard that they put out high quality durable products.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tsang93
Not just any down pipes. I wouldn't go with anything other than AWE. They do some really good quality work. That is assuming they release down pipes for the sq5. I have met a few people with awe exhaust and down pipes on their s model audis and I've only heard that they put out high quality durable products.
Downpipes are for turbo applications (engine to header to uppipe (if applicable) to turbo to downpipe to catalytic converter to post-cat exhaust piping to muffler).

The vehicle is supercharged. You want a header-back exhaust setup.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Downpipes are for turbo applications (engine to header to uppipe (if applicable) to turbo to downpipe to catalytic converter to post-cat exhaust piping to muffler).

The vehicle is supercharged. You want a header-back exhaust setup.
I hear what ur saying and I do agree that downpipes are a better fit for turbos. But it's not like it's totally useless on a supercharged car. What it really is, is that I've seen and heard awe exhausts and they're just amazing in my opinion. They sell their exhausts in packages with their downpipes and I figured I would get the whole package and not deal with separate companies between my exhaust and header/downpipes.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear ya. But massvag meets aren't like that. It's a mid size meet with a bunch of good guys. I wouldn't have stuck around of kids were around revving and doing burnouts. Check out

Thursday Night Woburn Mall Meets - Massachusetts Volkswagen & Audi Group | Massachusetts Volkswagen & Audi Group

If you're interested swing by! And this goes out to all other enthusiasts too
ill try to head up when im available. keep up with the good work on the car. if i see you i will honk you lol
Old 07-23-2014, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I hear what ur saying and I do agree that downpipes are a better fit for turbos. But it's not like it's totally useless on a supercharged car. What it really is, is that I've seen and heard awe exhausts and they're just amazing in my opinion. They sell their exhausts in packages with their downpipes and I figured I would get the whole package and not deal with separate companies between my exhaust and header/downpipes.
Okay, I see what they're calling a downpipe. I've been used to turbo and N/A one piece header applications. Not used to seeing the connector tube between the header and CAT.

Going resonated? Car sounds awesome so far!

Last edited by snig; 07-23-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
ill try to head up when im available. keep up with the good work on the car. if i see you i will honk you lol
Will do hope to see u there
Old 07-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay, I see what they're calling a downpipe. I've been used to turbo and N/A one piece header applications. Not used to seeing the connector tube between the header and CAT.

Going resonated? Car sounds awesome so far!
Yeah I guess it's a bit different. I haven't decided on if I want res or not. But thanks supercharger sounds good just need the exhaust to keep up with the charger haha
Old 07-24-2014, 04:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How in the world do you figure 440hp...? Are you running 100 octane?
Old 07-24-2014, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by osideaudi
How in the world do you figure 440hp...? Are you running 100 octane?
No I'm running 93. Apr stage 2 plus pulley yields 420 according to APRs multiple dyno runs. They claim the stage 2 intake adds an additional 15+ horsepower. I'm going off APRs numbers. Running 100 the car would be over 460hp as they claim stage2 and pulley yield 445 hp from 100 oct. So with the 15+ from the stage 2 intake it would be 460+
Old 07-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No I'm running 93. Apr stage 2 plus pulley yields 420 according to APRs multiple dyno runs. They claim the stage 2 intake adds an additional 15+ horsepower. I'm going off APRs numbers. Running 100 the car would be over 460hp as they claim stage2 and pulley yield 445 hp from 100 oct. So with the 15+ from the stage 2 intake it would be 460+
You may very well be running 440+ but modifications are not additive. They need to be measured as a package not by the sum of their individual claimed gains. Any plans to hit the track?

Quick Reply: 440 horsepower 2014 Audi SQ5