Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

ACNA Discount

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shark115
One more question. Do I need to be a member for 6 months at the time I order the car, or merely at the time I take delivery?
Originally Posted by centurion70
ACNA membership matters at the time of delivery, not the time of ordering (although you may want to address it at the time of ordering if you are negotiating the price at that time).

The discount requires six months of membership prior to delivery, but there are two potential alternatives: (1) if you sign up for a lifetime membership ($750 IIRC), then the six-month requirement does not apply; and (2) some dealers are willing to waive the six-month requirement even if you just sign up for an annual membership.
In my area, I was able to locate at least 3 dealers willing to do the latter; definitely do due diligence in your search.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone know whether the ACNA discount is applicable (i.e. can it be combined) WITH the European Delivery program as well? The ACNA discount of 6% combined with the European Delivery discount of 5% would be a super deal. Is it one program OR the other or can they be combined? Has anyone been able to combine them on a purchase?
Old 06-04-2014, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by CarDave
Does anyone know whether the ACNA discount is applicable (i.e. can it be combined) WITH the European Delivery program as well? The ACNA discount of 6% combined with the European Delivery discount of 5% would be a super deal. Is it one program OR the other or can they be combined? Has anyone been able to combine them on a purchase?
No, they're mutually exclusive. You can only pair either with Loyalty, which is more of an "incentive" vs. "discount". Supplier and ED programs have their own separate fixed price that you'd pay, so it's either-or.

Also, I think that if you want to do ED, then you pay the ED price regardless of whether you qualify for Supplier, but I'm not 100% sure on that (you'd need to talk to someone well-versed in ED). Lots of dealers even don't seem to know much about ED unless you get someone there who actually deals with Audi on the program, and some dealers won't want to do the ED program, so it might be difficult if you want to go on tour in Europe with your Q5. Not that you shouldn't go for it, just be prepared for your local dealer to potentially not be up to speed on how it all works and possibly have incorrect info. A number of people here have done ED (including fairly recently), so they should be able to get you info on how everything worked for them.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by idale
No, they're mutually exclusive. You can only pair either with Loyalty, which is more of an "incentive" vs. "discount". Supplier and ED programs have their own separate fixed price that you'd pay, so it's either-or.

Also, I think that if you want to do ED, then you pay the ED price regardless of whether you qualify for Supplier, but I'm not 100% sure on that (you'd need to talk to someone well-versed in ED). Lots of dealers even don't seem to know much about ED unless you get someone there who actually deals with Audi on the program, and some dealers won't want to do the ED program, so it might be difficult if you want to go on tour in Europe with your Q5. Not that you shouldn't go for it, just be prepared for your local dealer to potentially not be up to speed on how it all works and possibly have incorrect info. A number of people here have done ED (including fairly recently), so they should be able to get you info on how everything worked for them.
Right you definitely can't do Supplier + ED discounts, while I'm pretty sure you can do ED + loyalty incentive.

Based on others comments and my own experience, "idale" is right. Some dealerships are completely clueless about the ED program and some will even try to persuade you against ED because it's more work for the dealership. Fortunately in Northern California, I have around 10 Audi dealerships within 100 miles, so I had many options to choose from. Plus Audi of America and the Audi ED program are really good at answering questions through phone or email, so as long as you have a willing dealership then it shouldn't be an issue.

Here's a small ED plug. If you enjoy traveling and have a little vacation time, plus you aren't in a hurry to get your car (potentially 3-6 months from the point of ordering), it's definitely an experience you won't regret. I can take a lot of planning, but I don't remember ever reading anyone complaining and regretting about their ED experience on the forums. You can always check out the ED forum if you have more ED questions.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On the Audi website, I see that the ACNA program is basically the same as the Audi Supplier program. I notice that the Supplier program is good through October 2, 2014 based on delivery date. Has anyone heard about these programs being extended? This would make it difficult to order a Q5 from the factory in July and have delivery by October 2, 2014. I am waiting until July to order so that I can see and understand the 2015 pricing and I also want to eyeball a Utopia Blue Q5.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael92673
On the Audi website, I see that the ACNA program is basically the same as the Audi Supplier program. I notice that the Supplier program is good through October 2, 2014 based on delivery date. Has anyone heard about these programs being extended? This would make it difficult to order a Q5 from the factory in July and have delivery by October 2, 2014. I am waiting until July to order so that I can see and understand the 2015 pricing and I also want to eyeball a Utopia Blue Q5.
I had the same problem last year. I waited for 2014 price (published June 10th). Waited for ACNA to release the 2014 MY supplier discount forms. Couldn't wait any longer, went to my dealer to talk. They said they would take the risk and would write the order for the 6% discount regardless if ACNA program was in effect at delivery. Placed order on July 25th. Program forms were available in August. Delivered Oct 11th.

I say call your dealer and ask when pricing will be available. If you know what you want, if they will write order for 6% discount like my deal last year, you will get your deal, and your dealer will get his order.

Good luck.

Last edited by DennisMitchell; 06-14-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Exactly right. Each year, the new Supplier and ACNA programs are published last, usually right before new model first deliveries. The Supplier program hasn't changed for at least the last 6 years. The ACNA program used to be a $500 rebate until 2013 when it was changed to match the 6% Supplier program. While it's possible either prgram could change this year, they are likely to renew as is.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone ever heard the dealer pick and choose which cars to give the discount to? I know there are exlcusions on the ACNA site like R8, RS5 etc, but my local dealer said they only give it to the A4,5,6 becuase the SQ5 is too limited. Sounds like BS and I will go to another dealer, but was hoping to stay local. Oh well.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick, if you can convince them you are going to another dealer, you may see them change their tune. And you don't need to be concerned about getting warranty service from the dealer closest to you.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shark115
Nick, if you can convince them you are going to another dealer, you may see them change their tune. And you don't need to be concerned about getting warranty service from the dealer closest to you.
I probably will, but am still waiting for them to be able to put in an order for black optics pkg, which so far, no one can definitely tell when that will be, but heard it will be avaialbe in sept/oct from another forum member.

Quick Reply: ACNA Discount