Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Air quality sensor retrofit possibility

Old 11-11-2018, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

I did not, but it is my friend with A4 2012 and when he removed the CP it was not possible for the unit to operate
Simply because other hardware parts are missing
Old 11-11-2018, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

HVAC Display opens for 1 second when switching on engine. Writes: Hi Hi, I guess the issue is the CP.
Proposed work without removing CP as Spijun suggested it could be a dead end.
1. My codings:
6405000000 (1 zone coding) yours??
6405000000 (3 zone coding) use your 1 zone??
2. For facelift HVAC installed in prefacelift (do not have facelift HVAC adaptation channel theory, from web)
Channel 79: change from 1 to 0. This changes the LIN-Bus from the blower unit from new to old generation. This is why the fan control speed doesn't work as many people describe.
Channel 35: change 0 to 1 if no humidity sensor is installed. (this I can confirm)
Channel 85: change from 0 to 1 (VFL/FL related)
3. Do the following procedure
a. Read the HVAC adaptation channel theory of prefacelift. Note: I dont have the theory of facelift HVAC adaptation channels. Wish I did. If anyone does please assist.
b. Copy the HVAC adaptation channel values of 3 Zone to a spreadsheet.
c. Change back to 1 zone HVAC and copy the HVAC adaptation channel values to the same spreadsheet.
4. Change the adaptation values of 3 zone from 1 zone values after confirming with theory

Test for faults. Hoping that channels exists to retain 1 Zone functionality with 3 zone HVAC.

If basic settings fail to work, after channel modification, means that additional hardware need to be installed and project will be dropped. If germans dont carry out such retrofit, I dont think I will either complete this difficult retrofit. (2 days work, + additional parts and custom harnesses needed). If there was a retrofit package, harness, sensors, ducts, actuators with instructions I would go for it. (too much hassle otherwise)

Last edited by apoelistas; 12-02-2018 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Additional facelift 08 HVAC adaptations to change.
1. Channel 2 Fresh air blower change from 1 to 0

Unknown Adaptations due to no literature available for facelift HVAC. If you want to carry out tests these are the additional (from 1 zone prefacelift) 3 zone HVAC facelift (or maybe some prefacelift) channel adaptations
2. Channel 37 is set to 2
3. Channel 46 is set to 0
4 Channel 50 is set to 10
5 Channel 51 is set to 0
6 Channel 52 is set to 100
7. Channel 78 is set to 120
8. Channel 86 is set to 0

Also channels 79 and 85 as discussed before, could not find info.

Failed to perform basic setting calibration.

Last edited by apoelistas; 12-02-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Successful basic setting calibration with the following way
Group 03, engine on test on. (If I could not sort out this problem I would not move to the next stage - CP removal).

After 120 seconds approximately all tests will be performed and the fault will be removed. Fault appeared after group 01 basic setting calibration, which is carried out (never with engine on) with power on, engine off, and would not complete due to fault few seconds after carrying out the test.

Remaining 11 faults including component protection. I guess one way to find out if HVAC works properly will be to remove CP.. This will be the final test. The HVAC 3Z looks much nicer and prestige compared to 1Z.

Will take the risk to remove component protection from HVAC otherwise I will never find out how good is he HVAC 3Z visuals and the Air quality sensor technology. It will either be a 2 in 1 project or a total failure.

My work on 3Z HVAC from facelift & air quality sensor retrofit, has completed. Please leave your comments, retrofit experience, and if successful . after CP removal. It seems that @mgbyte has solved his problem???

Last edited by apoelistas; 12-02-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Note, there is one problem with facelift HVAC. Adaptation channel 73 (shut off valve N422) is blocked and cannot be accessed. Not sure yet of the outcomes on prefacelift Q5s which have this shut off valve (not all if them do) and the facelift HVAC retrofitted. Theory says that engine warm up time is reduced with the shut off valve N422. Not sure of other problems.

Because I don't know exactly how this can affect my car, I have ordered a prefacelift 3 Zone HVAC too which does not have such issue.

Last edited by apoelistas; 11-17-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

HVAC from facelift is causing issues with radio concert even with latest firmware 0350 .

Address 56: Radio Labels: 8Tx-035-1xx-56.clb
Control Module Part Number: 8T2 035 186 P HW: 8T2 035 186 P
Component and/or Version: Concert3 H01 0350
1043 - Control Module; Incorrect Software Version
000 - - - Intermittent

So if you will undertake an HVAC B8.5 upgrade then you will definitely have to change also you radio concert to facelift. For this reason and for the reason as discussed before, adaptation channel 73 blocked, I believe that B8.5 HVAC upgrade should not be undertaken., well unless you don't have an AC shut off valve. and you will also upgrade Radio Concert to B8.5.

I suppose I will compare now with 3Zone prefacelift when item arrives.

HVAC B8.5 has permanently been removed. No further tests. Fault erased successfully. Does not reappear. Maybe if HVAC security access code is disclosed then maybe we can enable blocked adaptation channels. No information on this yet.
​​​​​

Last edited by apoelistas; 11-23-2018 at 05:51 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have the same issue error on Radio

Interesting thing you discover with the N22 valve - I have the same error on radio since I installed the FL HVAC with Concert -thank you again for your detail report.
I 'm preparing/gathering parts to upgrade from Concert to MMI 3G+ - after I will complete the retrofit I'll post here if the shut off valve issue will be corrected as well as the Radio error.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mgbyte
Interesting thing you discover with the N22 valve - I have the same error on radio since I installed the FL HVAC with Concert -thank you again for your detail report.
I 'm preparing/gathering parts to upgrade from Concert to MMI 3G+ - after I will complete the retrofit I'll post here if the shut off valve issue will be corrected as well as the Radio error.
​​​​​You are welcome. Thanks for confirming. Will post more information on 1z 3z HVAC parts needing swap for full compatibility retrofit, after I check that the 3Z HVAC from B8 is working. They say heater needs to be changed.

Did you manage to get 3Z HVAC to work, a/c and heat, without swapping those parts?? Good luck with MMI3G+.

Last edited by apoelistas; 12-02-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC

After FL panel swap and CP removal, everything works normal - except the errors that I have posted -but that is normal considering I have 1z + Concert - the heated seats(only 3 potions option instead of 6), heat, ventilation -also I didn't make any coding on the unit - I took it from one of my friend with an Audi A4 B8 - that told me it didn't work with his webasto retrofit and was forced to remain with the old one.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mgbyte
After FL panel swap and CP removal, everything works normal - except the errors that I have posted -but that is normal considering I have 1z + Concert - the heated seats(only 3 potions option instead of 6), heat, ventilation -also I didn't make any coding on the unit - I took it from one of my friend with an Audi A4 B8 - that told me it didn't work with his webasto retrofit and was forced to remain with the old one.
Perfect. Will remove component protection when prefacelift 3 zone arrives. If possible will swap rotary ***** from facelift and forget about the full retrofit.
-----------------
Arrived.
Will test it tomorrow if working. Since it came with firmware 0180 (2010 firmware) will try to upgrade it to firmware 0182 and see what happens (if CP lets me). Always wanted to test if I can remove CP with firmware flash .
------------
Updated to firmware 0182 (about 10-12 mins). Component protection remains. Same faults as B8.5 HVAC, Still cannot perform basic setting 01. Channel 73 is now enabled. Only had to change coding to 1 zone and channel 35 from 0 to 1 to deactivate the humidity sensor. All other values (of matching channels) same as zone 1.

The only adaptation channel I dont have information is channel 76 which is set to 0. If anyone has more information on this channel please let me/us know.

I was not able to remove the rotary *****. Did not want to break them.

Last edited by apoelistas; 12-02-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air quality sensor retrofit possibility