Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Android Samsung Note 3 and Phonebook - Contacts bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is a RNSE? Restarting my phone has no effect on this issue.

SP
Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by radman2020
What is a RNSE? Restarting my phone has no effect on this issue.

SP
RNSE is a type of navigation
http://www.vagnavs.com/
Old 11-04-2013, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

RNSE is the nav system that predates the MMI Nav in 09 in the US Q5, A4 and A5. Still used in the R8 although a newer version. If restarting the phone does not fix it then make the dealer aware.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have an 2012 A4 MMI+Nav and never had a problem with my older Droid Razr. I just got a Galaxy S4 and am having the same problem as the original poster. Some of the time the contacts are fine; multiple numbers in one contact entry, and other times it's many contacts per line.

I'll try reseting & re-pairing and report back.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (VZ LTE), and get the same. The root cause is the google contacts sync; I don't get it with contacts from our work Exchange server.

Google also likes to randomly replicate seemingly identical entries. And it loves to stuff my phone full of entries from G+ with no contact information at all!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

So I repaired and also tried using an app called Bluetooth Phonebook, which appears to override the default bluetooth stack. That didn't work at all. Still getting the multiple contacts

I will do a bit of testing as to whether it occurs on contacts shared across Exchange & Google, or if it's just Exchange contacts.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the same issue with my GSIII and my 2012 with Nav. I finally gave up and just programmed in the few numbers that I call regularly. They system no longer downloads the contacts from the phone and the ones that I manually entered, have worked fine ever since.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Have had the same issue between my Samsung Galaxy S2 and 2012 Q5. In addition to multiple listings, it would also flip first and last names. Bluetooth Phone Book android app worked for me. You have to set up a group contact list to select for viewing. Limited in the number of contacts though.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by granged
Have had the same issue between my Samsung Galaxy S2 and 2012 Q5. In addition to multiple listings, it would also flip first and last names. Bluetooth Phone Book android app worked for me. You have to set up a group contact list to select for viewing. Limited in the number of contacts though.
So far, this has worked for me as well. I did have to select just one of the contact groups, but my Exchange one is really the key source for my Contacts, and that worked fine.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Bluetooth Phonebook for Android

Boy, am I glad I stumbled onto this thread. This app was a lifesaver.

Syncing contacts with my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my 2010 Q5 worked fine for years. Recently I upgraded to a Motorola Droid Turbo 2, and that's when I encountered this problem. All of the phone numbers for each contact got imported as individual contacts. So instead of Wife (home, mobile) I got Wife (home), and Wife (mobile), as two separate names on the list.

This app was well worth the $1.75. Be sure to try the trial version first to make sure it solves your problem. It's not usable as a trial because it flips random numbers around, but if it imports your contacts correctly then you know the paid version will work fine as well.

Read more about it here:
Bluetooth Phonebook

Get it from the Playstore:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d..._rsap.irmctest

Regards,
Scott

Quick Reply: Android Samsung Note 3 and Phonebook - Contacts bluetooth issues