AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   Anyone have a SQ5 Prestige with Comfort Seats? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/anyone-have-sq5-prestige-comfort-seats-2860387/)

hrp783 01-24-2014 04:11 PM

Anyone have a SQ5 Prestige with Comfort Seats?

Hello All, just ordered our SQ5, and wondering if anyone has a SQ5 prestige with Comfort seats?

The comfort seats come with vented/cooled seats, something my lady really wants, especially since we live in Texas.

centurion70 01-24-2014 07:38 PM

No SQ5, but I have the comfort seats in my Q5 TDI. I imagine the comfort seats are the same between models, but I don't know that for sure.

I took delivery a week ago. Overall, I am pleased with the seats. I ordered them because I wanted the ventilation feature and because I wanted highly adjustable, non-sport seats. (I might be in the minority on this, but the sport seats seem a little too restrictive to me.)

I was initially surprised that the seats were not a bit softer. I guess I interpreted "comfort" the wrong way. The seats are definitely comfortable, but in a Teutonic way. This is not a Lexus.

It's been pretty cold in Chicago this week, so I haven't had much chance to try the ventilation, but I did test the feature. I had read that the ventilation fan is not very powerful, particularly compared to the ventilated seats in some other brands, so my expectations were not too high. But I am not disappointed. On the highest setting, I could definitely feel the ventilation. I think it will be a welcome feature for me come summer.

Enjoy your SQ5.

sevarino 01-25-2014 09:11 AM

Comfort Seats

I have an SQ5 with comfort seats because my wife felt the leather would hold up better than Nappa with our dogs, and because we're vertically challenged so getting into the comfort seats, with less bolster, will result in less wear. We've found the ventilation works quite well, but for my seat the seat back does't heat (I have to have it checked out). The seats are comfortable, but don't hold you as well as the usually sport seats in the SQ5. Comfort seats have less prominent sticking as well. being in TX I thin the trade off to get the ventilation is well worth it.

SQ5 01-26-2014 06:12 AM

I have prestige and comfort. It was the only one in NE when I was searching and I was lucky enough to grab it before someone else did. Not sure why more of them don't come in that way. With a dark leather interior, cooled seats is a must in a $60+K car. I had a black on black car in the past and swore I would never do another one. Cooled seats made it doable.

Not sure how these seats compare to the other SQ5 seats but they are definitely more comfortable than the SRT8 Cherokee I drove (those were like a board) and less comfortable than the Volvo XC60 R-Design seats I also drove. Hard to beat the Volvo seats for comfort. They make the best in the business IMO but I am happy with the SQ5 comfort package seats. Heating on level 1 does not warm very effectively. Two is usually perfect for me during NE winter weather. It doesn't feel like there is a heating element in the seat back though. Only the bottom cushion, I think.

I also had a chance to try out the cooling on a few unusually warm days earlier this month and it worked well. Could definitely feel the air moving and didn't feel any perspiration after getting out for driving ~1 hour. Summer weather and longer road trips will be the true test though...

skinzy 01-26-2014 01:16 PM

+1 and no regrets. There great and live up to the name. Have the racing seats in my 911 where they should be.

jperryrocks 01-27-2014 06:19 AM

There's no difference to my knowledge on the 3.0 and SQ5 with the comfort seats. I have the vent seats on my 3.0T Q5. After my A6, I can't live w/o them.

They seem to work well in the Q5....even better than the vent seats in my A6 for some reason.

I wish you could get the vent seats on a P Plus model and not have to go Prestige. But that's the way it is.

medpete 01-27-2014 08:23 PM

Agree with others

My wife's new SQ5 is a prestige with comfort seating package. We weren't originally going to get the prestige as we thought that we had found a prem plus with the options we wanted but deal fell through. She refused to get an alcantara seat so that's what prompted us to move to the comfort package when we spec'ed this prestige. The seats are very comfortable as everyone says...not as much bolster support as you would expect in a sport seat but still decent. Very easy to get in and out of. We've only been on one long trip with the SQ5 thus far but very comfortable for extended driving. Heating is good but I think it is mostly in bottom and little if any in back, definitely none in bolsters. Haven't used the vent option much since I'm under the deep freeze in the Midwest but I would guess nice in the summer. :)

I think the one thing that they are missing (relative to the other SQ5 seating options) is that there is no embroidered SQ5 logo on them. I believe that the alcantara/leather mix seats do have that.

hrp783 01-28-2014 06:21 AM

Thanks y'all for the info!

could someone post up some pics? im sure others are interested as well to see the difference between the 2.

also, does anyone have the Brown Leather comfort seats??
PLEASE POST PICS

sevarino 01-28-2014 01:29 PM

comfort seats

OK - so three of us think the comfort seat back has little or no heating - does that seem bizarre to anyone else. I can't believe the comfort seats would only heat the seat bottom - I'm going to have it checked out, but is there any other source of info we could check. Thanks all (it's really cold this week so I notice these things!).

RobC 01-28-2014 01:52 PM

I know it's not apples to apples but the only thing I can add is that the comfort seats in my S6 heats both the bottom and back.