Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2015 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line - Transmission Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line - Transmission Help

Scanned the forum and couldnt find a discussion on this topic, but Im 6 weeks into my car, really enjoying it! Great buy, until 2 days ago when I parked I could smell burning oil, Audi roadside was great, they picked the vehicle up, dealer said they would need to get a part in the transmission replaced and they would keep the car overnight.

Today the service advisor called and said that Audi has informed them that they need to replace the entire transmission!

This isnt good news, any advise on what I should do? I kinda feel like I bought a lemon and the car I have is no longer a new car I purchased, that its decreased in value. Any clue what my rights are as an unhappy consumer?

Do I suck it up and get the replacement or do I have a leg to stand on and request a replacement?

Confused.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

More and more of these stories keep coming up - Audi clearly has a problem here. I had a transmission malfunction after only 2 days and 200 miles on my '15 Q5 2.0T. Audi indicated that they needed to replace the transmission. I'll save you the long story, but I went through Audi of America and ultimately got a replacement vehicle. Like you, I had no interest in a "new" car with major transmission service.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

one of the managers at audi just called, they are ordering a transmission, offering me a temporary vehicle and he has escalated the matter to Audi for a response on a replacement car.

Good to hear that others have been able to get a replacement car also, thanks for posting.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here was my original post:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...ction-2870492/
Old 10-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks man... they have offered to loan me an A6 until they get a loaner Q5 to come in, sorry to hear about your toyota replacement
Old 11-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wanted to update my posting, Audi Canada called last week offering along with the transmission repair the extended warranty for an additional 4 years which I turn down. Yesterday a manager called and told me that they have a vehicle coming in that is almost identical to what I had with a couple of upgrades (black optics and B&O speakers) and they are willing to offer it to me as a replacement. Things are starting to turn around. Will post an update after I speak to the sales manager later on today.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mihar
Wanted to update my posting, Audi Canada called last week offering along with the transmission repair the extended warranty for an additional 4 years which I turn down. Yesterday a manager called and told me that they have a vehicle coming in that is almost identical to what I had with a couple of upgrades (black optics and B&O speakers) and they are willing to offer it to me as a replacement. Things are starting to turn around. Will post an update after I speak to the sales manager later on today.
HGB and B&O for free!?
You should go ahead and get a lottery ticket too!
Old 11-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

LoL. Great idea on the lottery ticket!

It's all settled, I should have the replacement car ready by the end if November. It's current at the dock in Germany awaiting shipment to Canada. Really happy that Audi Canada did the right thing!
Old 11-27-2014, 12:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wanted to close my post off with great news. Just picked my replacement car on Wednesday! Really happy that Audi Canada did the right thing by replacing the vehicle.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Should I be concerned... I already am! I am expecting to take delivery of my 2015 Q5 TDI in mid-December. When I read these horror stories of transmission issues, I can't help but wonder if Audi has already determined the root cause and have fixed it. Can any/all of you give me some idea of how prevalent this problem is... 5%...20%?

I want to do everything I can prior to acceptance of my Q5 to make sure I won't have to experience the same sort of conflict between getting a replacement car vs new transmission if my car exhibits the same problem... THANX!

Quick Reply: 2015 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line - Transmission Help