Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Loyalty Program Rebate

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Loyalty Program Rebate

Has anyone used the Audi Loyalty Program to get $1000 off a new Q5 if you are a current 2001 or later Audi owner. The program states that it is subject to dealer participation and the dealer I have been working with will not honor the program for a Q5 that is ordered, even if the order is placed before Jan. 7.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes. I just got my 2013 Q5, and my dealer honored the loyalty discount of $1000. I didn't do a custom order, but I purchased a preconfigured Q5 that had come off the boat. I had to wait two weeks for it to arrive. Does that count? I think your dealer is being a dick despite your loyalty because he has enough customers that he doesn't want to give you a break. Did you buy your original Audi from this dealer? One other thing: I thought the loyalty was for cars under six years old. 2001 was a while ago.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

No, I didn't buy originally from this dealer. Maybe that would have helped. I have moved to a new area since my last purchase. The program states that to qualify, you have to be the owner of a 2001 or newer Audi. Also, if I purchase a Q5, this would be my fourth Audi. I tend to keep them for 10 years or so. I may check with other dealers farther away. But it would nice buy at the closest dealer and service it there.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, I got it for both my Q5 and my S4, neither were special order but I do not think that matters. I would see about other dealers that want to work with you.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 123Audi4me
No, I didn't buy originally from this dealer. Maybe that would have helped. I have moved to a new area since my last purchase. The program states that to qualify, you have to be the owner of a 2001 or newer Audi. Also, if I purchase a Q5, this would be my fourth Audi. I tend to keep them for 10 years or so. I may check with other dealers farther away. But it would nice buy at the closest dealer and service it there.
Find a new dealer. The dealer should honor that rebate and it should come off after your negotiated price. Maybe a call Audi of America would help?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can service it at whatever Audi dealer you want. It doesn't have to be serviced at the dealer from which you bought it.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I will check with other dealers for the rebate.

I know that that I can have it serviced at any dealer. But I think you get treated better when you service at the same dealer where the vehicle was purchased (car wash, loaner cars, etc.).
Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 AM
Terlonz

Received 271 Likes on 183 Posts

The loyalty rebate applies to all cars that are eligible for it, regardless of how they're purchased. We've used it three times through two different dealers, and the last two times have been on cars we ordered. They just said we had to take delivery within the program period, no other requirements. The program doesn't cost the dealer anything.

If a dealer told me they didn't participate, I wouldn't do business with them. That's what "loyalty" means.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

After telling the salesperson that would be looking elsewhere for a Q5 (unfortunately some distance away), I received an email from the general manager telling me that they will in fact honor the loyalty program. However, my current Audi may no longer be eligible after Jan. 7 because it is a 2001, the oldest year to still qualify and that may change to a 2002 in January. He didn't say anything about taking delivery by Januay though. But I will need to order by the deadline. He also offered a significant amount off the MSRP.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks. I will check with other dealers for the rebate.

I know that that I can have it serviced at any dealer. But I think you get treated better when you service at the same dealer where the vehicle was purchased (car wash, loaner cars, etc.).
That's what we thought too. At our 5k service, they didn't wash our car and gave my wife a Jeep Patriot as a loaner. Pretty disappointed with my limited experience with the service department so far.

Quick Reply: Audi Loyalty Program Rebate