Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Q5 Owner - Carless with Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Q5 Owner - Carless with Questions!

Hi Everyone-

I'll soon be among you great group of Q5 owners, just waiting for my vehicle to arrive. Last Sunday I put down a deposit on a 2014 2.0T P+ with MMI/19"/Side Assist in Moonlight Blue with Pistachio Beige. I was told the car was at the port in Rhode Island and is due to arrive at the dealership this week. I did not special order the car, but pulled it from inventory at the port.

Since I've been sitting around waiting for over a week, I've now begun the dangerous process of over-thinking a few things.

1) Does anyone have any experience with travel time from the Rhode Island port to a NY dealership (specifically, Long Island)? Dealer has basically gone silent on me but I suspect it's because he doesn't have visibility to where the car is, or when it's arriving.

2) Can any Pistachio Beige owners comment on how challenging it is to keep the interior clean? Mainly curious to hear how hard it is to get denim stains out, and how often you need to clean it to keep it 'stain free'.

3) Base stereo owners - how has the system held up? Any issues with rattling, booming etc.? Or has it been a pretty consistent, "good" sounding system?

Thanks very much for all help and insight!

Best,
Don
Old 04-15-2014, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can only quote on the interior maintenance. I own a Pistachio Beige interior and I love it. It's bright and open and always looks cleaner (IMO) then black or grey.

As for the maintenance. You have to keep up on it. Denim stains the seats, not very much but you can tell the difference between on that was sat in and one not. Try to stay away from the dark dark denim if possible, it just stains darker and quicker. I try to use Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner weekly. Very lightly to pull the stains off, you don't want to scrub hard on leather. If you go more then three weeks it will start to look bad.

If you get harder stains (elbow + black wool jacket + center armrest) go for Sonax and Brush

I've had mine for over a year and I don't regret it. As long as I continue to maintain the leather it will last years.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dmaccioc

2) Can any Pistachio Beige owners comment on how challenging it is to keep the interior clean? Mainly curious to hear how hard it is to get denim stains out, and how often you need to clean it to keep it 'stain free'.

3) Base stereo owners - how has the system held up? Any issues with rattling, booming etc.? Or has it been a pretty consistent, "good" sounding system?

Thanks very much for all help and insight!

Best,
Don
2 - I have the cinnamon interior which isn't as light as pistacchio, but still a light brown nonetheless. I do notice the seats like to grab and hold dirt, so you just need to be diligent about wiping it down regularly with a leather cleaner. We just do ours about 4x per year.

3 - The base stereo sounds fine to me and has held up without rattles. I think you'll be happy with it unless you're coming from a car with a better system.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks zeus for the tips- your interior pics reminded me exactly why I wanted Pistachio Beige in the first place!

Parsec - appreciate the confirmation on cleaning and stereo.

Dealer called today to say the car came in, I'm picking it up Thursday!!