AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   Audi q5 side assist retrofit done (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/audi-q5-side-assist-retrofit-done-2900841/)

vikislap 05-20-2016 04:45 AM

Audi q5 side assist retrofit done

I have done another of my retrofit to my audi q5... Its side assist
Two sensors in rear bumper cover
Wiring and switch
Left and right mirror caps with indicator
And also gateway module.
Most expensive part of this was calibration on dealer ship.
But its work well and I think it is very helpful...
Had some problem to find the right coding but I found one on some russian site.

waninae39 05-20-2016 06:06 AM

can you please post any photos?. im sure that step by step descriptions and photos would be most useful for many of us

cheers

vikislap 05-24-2016 03:01 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Well Here is some parts you need for get it done.
Two sensors in rear bumper cover ( remove bumper required to instal them)
8r0 907566
8r0 907568
Switch for side assist
Left and right mirror caps with indicator
For side assist
wiring in bumper I used one from audi a4 b8 and wiring from doors to sensors.
I had to replace also gateway module because my does not work on pin 7 and 17 high can bus
To avoid the component protection I just had read dump from micro chip and just write it to new one all works well and only thing I had one fault ( no adaptation or incorrect basic settings in module 2) also need to be done coding in gateway module and radio adaptation(I do not have navi) to get the menu where you can adjust the indicators. So when I pushed the button I did see "side assist faulty". On screen of my cluster.
So went to the dealer they adapted them with special tool not just by computer but there is
Special plates with points on them they need to correct them to the car and let adaptation runs.
I will put here the button part picture with number.

DennisMitchell 05-25-2016 12:24 PM

Very impressive.

Do you plan on installing Adaptive Cruise Control by chance?

BarryT 05-25-2016 03:52 PM

I have adaptive cruise control on mine. It works very well. Even if the cruise isn't set it'll ding if you get too close to another vehicle. It's sensitive in turns though. It'll pick up guard rails in turns and scare the hell out of me.

DennisMitchell 05-25-2016 04:20 PM

Yes, I would love to retrofit it on to my Q5. That is why I am asking vikislap!

vikislap 05-25-2016 05:39 PM

Hi,
Well I am not thinking about the adaptive cruise control yet but will see... What I need ... is to check the wiring diagram first and check what exactly parts I do need for it....
Well if you need some help let me know.
Thank's

DennisMitchell 05-26-2016 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by vikislap (Post 24816699)
Hi,
Well I am not thinking about the adaptive cruise control yet but will see... What I need ... is to check the wiring diagram first and check what exactly parts I do need for it....
Well if you need some help let me know.
Thank's

Thank you for the offer. I will wait for the outcome of the diesel settlement before proceeding. But love to know your impression if this is feasible.

davide676 04-24-2023 06:28 AM

Good afternoon everybody!
My name is Davide, I live in Italy and I have an Audi Q5 8R Facelift 2015 190cv Advanced Plus.
I would also like to try my hand at this retrofit.
However, I would need all the spare parts codes to take, such as, for example, the Side Assist wiring connector 4F0972112
Then I also have to find the rear-view mirror caps with the slots where to insert the components.
I need them black.
Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance!

David