Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi's alliance with Google

Old 02-02-2014, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bpp
The rate was offered at signing...now or never. )
As I wrote, T-Mobile opened it up to anyone with Audi Connect last year and is still in effect.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
As I wrote, T-Mobile opened it up to anyone with Audi Connect last year and is still in effect.
I'm confused. The current offer of $15/mo. for 30 months ($450) is the one that was opened up for renewals anytime last year and is still in effect. No?

As I understand it, the one bpp got at signing was $4/mo. for 4 years ($192) was a one time or at least limited offer.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
Hypothetical scenario or not:
I'm buying Audi due designs and layouts, quality workmanship, comfort, safety, driving quality is not due multimedia and whether supports Android, iOS or Windows.
The decision to purchase a car model because of phones and tablets
Anyone who buys a car due the operating system does not have a clue about cars. Easier and cheaper to change-buy new a phone/tablet

Car is purchases for driving and enjoying the same
I agree that an auto purchase decision based on phones and tablets shows how superficial people can be. Whether or not we agree with that mentality, it is out there and auto manufacturers have to market to that group at some level if they want to sell cars.

This is an example of what I like to call automobile "operators". They know only that the car goes and they care not how or why. Years ago, my Father in law bought a 15,000 lb 5th wheel RV trailer for his retirement. THEN, he bought an F250 rated for 10,000 lbs to tow it around with. Unfortunately, the truck was not equipped to safely tow the trailer and he had to trade it in right away and get a proper tow vehicle. It cost him a fair amount of money to get his retirement plans back on track. Why did he select the wrong truck for the job: He liked the color of the paint!

YOU could care less what infotainment system your Audi has and that is great for YOU. You are 1 buyer out of 1.5 million+ and your reasons for buying Audi may not reflect each and every past, present or future customer's requirements.

If Audi's alliance with Google helps them to sell more cars to the "operators", they can keep building limited production drivers cars for the rest of us.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I'm confused. The current offer of $15/mo. for 30 months ($450) is the one that was opened up for renewals anytime last year and is still in effect. No?
Yes.

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
As I understand it, the one bpp got at signing was $4/mo. for 4 years ($192) was a one time or at least limited offer.
I am not aware of any T-Mobile Audi Connect offer that was ever $4 per month unless his dealer subsidized it on their own in some kind of local rebate.
There are other alternatives with pay-as-you-go providers like PTel and Truphone that use the T-Mobile 3G network that can be less expensive if you don't use a lot of data such as Google Earth or the car's Wifi hot spot. Search the AW Forums for details.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by gredi67
YOU could care less what infotainment system your Audi has and that is great for YOU. You are 1 buyer out of 1.5 million+ and your reasons for buying Audi may not reflect each and every past, present or future customer's requirements.

If Audi's alliance with Google helps them to sell more cars to the "operators", they can keep building limited production drivers cars for the rest of us.
Yes cars be buying because of the infotainment system and operating system (Android, iOS, Windows) does not for driving while.

I would wanted one Ferrari without infotainment system, all I need I have on my Android phone, and You take your Ford, Hyundai, Kia with complete infotainment system (NAV, 10-12" touchscreen, voice control, internet access 4G, satellite radio, TV, DVD, Bluetooth ......... ..)

Good luck

Last edited by spijun; 02-02-2014 at 11:14 PM.