Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5 - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Audi Q5 > Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion
Reload this Page > Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5
Notices
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 11:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5

Old 11-27-2012, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5

Awesome news. For those of us like myself with the 2013 or earlier Q5 there is an awesome new product from CableJive called the Dockboss Air. Just attach it to the 30 pin connector in your glove box that links to your stereo. It is powered by the connector and now streams Bluetooth tunes from any Bluetooth enabled device (iphone 5 for me...). Anyways I ordered one, as for $34.95 I figured its a pretty sweet solution.

Love my Q5!

Cheers...
Old 11-27-2012, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Last one. YouTube link:

Old 11-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

my god. they will sell billions with apples switch to the new dock connector. and all these special android phone plugs
good find ordered.

what does the 3g mmi display when its playing?
Old 11-27-2012, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

How's the connection (ie. skips or occassional disconnects)? I wish I knew about this product before I spent $200 on another (Belkin) adapter.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I ordered one, but it doesn't start shipping until December 3rd. Per-release reviews all positive. Expect it to be rock solid within range. I've been looking for a viable, cheap, and simple solution for awhile....the key to this one is that it doesn't need a seperate power adapter.

I'll let you know how it goes when received in December. Figured since I just bought the 12- Q5 and plan on keeping it for awhile that I needed to S&K something!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Good luck to you guys. I've bought a similar product for $15 in Hong Kong and it works on most but not all products. It does not work on my B&W Zeppelin speaker but it does connect with some cheaper ipod docks. I hope it will work with my coming 2013 Q5 AMI but I am not too optimistic.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's awesome.

So I can basically buy this Dock Boss. Plug it into the apple cable in the glove box. Close the glove box and forget about it.

Pair my Android to the Dock Boss, and stream Pandora through the car stereo over Bluetooth now.

Am I correct?

My only question is that the phone will also be Bluetooth connected to the Audi MMI for my phone calls. Will that still supercede the DockBoss?

Obviously it will kick out of Pandora when a call comes through, but I'm guessing the device will switch from the paired Bluetooth (DockBoss) to the paired Bluetooth (Audi MMI) flawlessly, and then hop back to the DockBoss pair (and Pandora) after the call is completed?

That's how it works in my wife's WRX, but hers is of course paired through her car system.

If that works that way, I'm in.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ThunderDent View Post
That's awesome.

So I can basically buy this Dock Boss. Plug it into the apple cable in the glove box. Close the glove box and forget about it.

Pair my Android to the Dock Boss, and stream Pandora through the car stereo over Bluetooth now.

Am I correct?

My only question is that the phone will also be Bluetooth connected to the Audi MMI for my phone calls. Will that still supercede the DockBoss?

Obviously it will kick out of Pandora when a call comes through, but I'm guessing the device will switch from the paired Bluetooth (DockBoss) to the paired Bluetooth (Audi MMI) flawlessly, and then hop back to the DockBoss pair (and Pandora) after the call is completed?

That's how it works in my wife's WRX, but hers is of course paired through her car system.

If that works that way, I'm in.
Hopefully it will work that way. I'll update when it comes. Doesn't start shipping until 13th and I chose cheap option to Canada so probably 3.5 weeks before I can test it out.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do yourself a favor, get an iPod off of eBay. Bigger size, leave it in the glove box. Problem solved.