Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 11:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Techm8n
Does your iPhone Auto Connect to Tune2air automatically when you get in the car?
Yes, both the Bluetooth phone and Tune2Air are automatically connected. If i was in "Media" the last time i drove my car, music from the iphone will automatically start playing as soon as the bluetooth connection is established. Note that the connection to Tune2Air always seem to happen faster than the phone one.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tm7384
Did see a issue though with switching between calls and music. My wife stepped into the car yesterday and she was on the phone with a friend. I started the car and the music started playing in parallel with the call. Had to turn off bluetooth connection so she could talk. Product needs minor improvements like this scenario.
FYI this is a scenario I have had occur with the wired AMI iphone cable as well. I think it's something in the iOS.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

@Jacou, I just bought a 2008 Q7 for my wife and successfully paired her iPhone 5 (iOS 6) in no time. However, I'm running iOS 7 beta 5 and my phone doesn't see the Audi. Did you ever run into such a problem?
Old 09-14-2013, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

A few question about Tune2Air. When connected, iPhone will send every sounds to car speaker?

If Tune2Air is connected to car, iPhone Bluethoot is enabled but MMI source is not iPod, does the iPhone will play sound normally or I will have to disconnect something?
Old 09-15-2013, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
A few question about Tune2Air. When connected, iPhone will send every sounds to car speaker?

If Tune2Air is connected to car, iPhone Bluethoot is enabled but MMI source is not iPod, does the iPhone will play sound normally or I will have to disconnect something?
If by "every sound" you mean notifications and such, the answer is yes with one big caveat. And that is that tune2air will always play something if the media button is selected in the car. There isn't a way to pause it via the phone. If you aren't listening to an Internet based audio stream, it will start the first song on you iPhone playlist automatically and won't stop for more than 1 second if you press pause on the phone. It almost immediately unpauses and keeps playing. You have to switch it out of media mode to get it to stop. So there isn't a way for it to only stream notifications without some other audio source it likes. I will try more testing in my car on a road trip today to see if I can identify more ins and outs for you.

Regarding your second question, i believe the phone still sees the Bluetooth connection to the tune2air even when not in media mode. On iPhone, the physical speakers are disabled when its connect to a Bluetooth speaker, so I would think you either need to disconnect the tune2air in the glovebox or turn off that device under the Bluetooth settings on your phone. Again, will test today.

Lastly, and not related to your questions, I discovered yesterday that the new Google Maps turn-by-turn directions via app will activate the phone mode in the Audi if media is not selected. After issuing a turn instruction the "call" will hang up until the next instruction and your radio source will come back.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for the detailled anwsers BlackAce. Please let me know if you find anything else.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by maximbuddha
Awesome news. For those of us like myself with the 2013 or earlier Q5 there is an awesome new product from CableJive called the Dockboss Air. Just attach it to the 30 pin connector in your glove box that links to your stereo. It is powered by the connector and now streams Bluetooth tunes from any Bluetooth enabled device (iphone 5 for me...). Anyways I ordered one, as for $34.95 I figured its a pretty sweet solution.

Love my Q5!

Cheers...
Hello, great tip! Quick question. Will this device interfere with the car's Bluetooth phone system that allows you to make and receive calls? Thanks