Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Best Audi lease deal

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Audi lease deal

We will begin negotiations today to lease a 2011 Q5 premium plus with navigation, B & O, 19-inch 5-spoke wheels and metallic (quartz gray) paint. The local dealer located the car several hundred miles away and has a suitable vehicle to do a dealer trade so we can close this week.

We prefer a 36-month lease term with no down payment. What can we expect for a best deal?

Last edited by Stretch 98; 03-21-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Provide more details
Old 03-21-2011, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stretch 98
We will begin negotiations today to lease a 2011 Q5 premium plus with navigation, B & O, 19-inch 5-spoke wheels and metallic (quartz gray) paint. The local dealer located the car several hundred miles away and has a suitable vehicle to do a dealer trade so we can close this week.

We prefer a 36-month lease term with no down payment. What can we expect for a best deal?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-21-2011, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is a good starting place

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2801830
Old 03-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I use this website to get the MF and residual values:

http://www.ridewithg.com/

Great info on leasing and will have the March Audi Financial figures on there. If you need any help send me a message and I will help you with the numbers if you want. I just leased a Premium Q5 for 48 months and 12k per year two weeks ago.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The first rule of leasing: Do not try to negotiate a monthly payment first. Negotiate the price of the vehicle just as if you were buying it outright. Then you hit the dealer with the lease info - that is where it is important to know what the current Money Factor (interest rate that you are paying) is for your particular vehicle. The residual value is not negotiable as that is set by the lender. The MF is very negotiable and that is where they (at least some dealerships) will try to f*** you.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gskarad
The first rule of leasing: Do not try to negotiate a monthly payment first. Negotiate the price of the vehicle just as if you were buying it outright. Then you hit the dealer with the lease info - that is where it is important to know what the current Money Factor (interest rate that you are paying) is for your particular vehicle. The residual value is not negotiable as that is set by the lender. The MF is very negotiable and that is where they (at least some dealerships) will try to f*** you.
Agree! Focus on the MSRP (sometimes they have $750 rebates at their disposal) and then focus on the Money Factor and keep getting them to lower it. Dealers are adding quite a bit on the Q5 money factor right now because of the high demand. I dropped $20/month off my payment by negotiating the money factor down using the rates on ridewithq as my starting point.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Minnesota_Audi
Agree! Focus on the MSRP (sometimes they have $750 rebates at their disposal) and then focus on the Money Factor and keep getting them to lower it. Dealers are adding quite a bit on the Q5 money factor right now because of the high demand. I dropped $20/month off my payment by negotiating the money factor down using the rates on ridewithq as my starting point.
So I posted this on the thread I had up here a couple of weeks ago when I was negotiating on the lease of my wife's Q5. We happened to go into a local dealership on a Saturday and it turned out that the EXACT vehicle my wife wanted was coming in the following week. So we were like let's work the numbers on our trade and the purchase price of the car. Got those resolved and off to finance we went. The guy throws out this ridiculous monthly payment. I ask what MF is that based on (knowing all along that Audi Financial rates were .00187 for the term I was looking at). He responds .003. My wife says she has never seen me that angry. We ended up leaving (I actually stormed out of the dealership) but cooler heads prevailed in the end with our great sales guy and we ended up with the Audi Financial rate - to the tune of approximately $120 less per month on the payment. It really helps to be prepared when negotiating a lease.