Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Bosch payment

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Bosch payment

Good morning... I received my check from the VW settlement, $4,300 (thank you), but have yet to see my $1,500 from Bosch. Have any of you folks received your money? I thought that I did not have to do anything special...is that true?
Old 08-13-2017, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe you get the Bosch part until a "fix" has been implemented.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just did a search...should have done one before I posted this...seems like there is some confusion about when payments will be issued... I did see in the other posts that some believe it should have been issued 10 days after VW payment but was not, while others state that it won't be issued until the fix is approved... so the question is... which is correct?
Old 08-13-2017, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

August 15, 2017 Bosch Settlement Claim Filing Deadline for those who excluded themselves from either the 2.0-liter Class Action Settlement or the 3.0-liter Class Action Settlement

I expect after this event we may get our payments. They just say during summer 2017....

www.boschvwsettlement.com/en/Home/FAQ

Last edited by arter; 08-13-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Arter, thanks... I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get a definitive answer... will post if I do.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Barraged
Just did a search...should have done one before I posted this...seems like there is some confusion about when payments will be issued... I did see in the other posts that some believe it should have been issued 10 days after VW payment but was not, while others state that it won't be issued until the fix is approved... so the question is... which is correct?
Does anyone know if it is a Gen 1 that requires a buyback is Bosch waiting until you return the vehicle before they issue the check? All my paperwork is in and approved but I haven't turned the car in yet as I am waiting for its replacement in November so I can do the Trade-In credit route.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Barraged
Arter, thanks... I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get a definitive answer... will post if I do.

Just called Bosch Settlement HQ and they have NO info on payment timing, we received our first half payment on Aug. 4th and nothing so far from Bosch. I find it hard to believe that payment processing timelines are not shared with the contact people.

Mark in Chico
2015 Q5

Last edited by Fast2up; 08-25-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

When the VWOA page opened up to file back in the late spring I filed and then went onto Bosch's site and filed as well. I was not aware that if you filed with VWOA that you were automatically enrolled in the Bosch payout until I met with the VWOA person at the dealer for them to see my Q5. It was then they told me I was automatically enrolled with Bosch and a 1500$ check would just show up in my box.
I got my 4200$ initial deposit from VWOA and heard nothing else since except for a random email from Bosch stating that the info I submitted to them online did not match the documents I scanned as part of the Bosch website requirements. I logged onto the site and the info i entered matches the documents I scanned 100%. I called them and they are dumb....oh my goodness the folks they hired to answer the hotline are dense and have zero information to give you other than a hello and a "you be fine, it all good". I called twice several days apart.....same stellar team answering your questions with one word answers.
They said nothing about the Bosch payout being held up until the repair is done or if payouts were being sent at this point at all, and I asked. But....that was also a one word answer, more like a simple "mmhm" is what was spoken. I dont care when it comes I just want to know if my filing for the Bosch payout on their site messed up the automatic enrollment by filing with VWOA.

This is just a rant, no questions asked and no pertinent info shared...just ranting.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Partial Payment

Just a heads up for everyone.
I have a generation 2, 2014 3.0 Audi Q5. I received notification from VW in early June that my vehicle qualifies for reimbursement per the court settlement. Completed the obligatory visit/inspection from the Audi rep at our local Audi dealer in early July. Approximately 10 days later, I received the first payment from VW (approx. $4000, in my situation).

As most of us understand, if you have filed a claim with VW/Audi there is no need to file a separate claim with Bosch. Bosch has repeatedly made the same statement to me over the past several months.

The Bosch court settlement amount for generation 2 3.0 TDI owners is $1500- correct? The only exception to this is if there has been a previous owner or lessee. I am the only owner the vehicle. Today I received a check for $750; Bosch is looking into the situation and promises a reply to me by this Friday.

Just beware, this is further evidence Bosch has no clue as to what they are doing with this settlement. The story I got from Bosch months ago was they were delaying their settlement payment because they want to be extra careful to insure payments are correct.....I guess they missed this one and I bet they will miss others; so be careful.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I received the same $750 payment in the mail today. I assumed they had sent half the agreed-upon $1500 settlement and would send the rest when the fix was complete. My problem is that the check specifically says that my endorsement releases Bosch from further liability. No further explanation was included with the check. Hmmmm-no way am I endorsing that check until I get a clarification.

Quick Reply: Bosch payment