AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   BT microphone volume-can it be increased? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/bt-microphone-volume-can-increased-2782133/)

m1964 05-06-2010 07:06 PM

BT microphone volume-can it be increased?

as above-can you increase microphone's sensativity? Wen my DF talks from the car the voulme seems a bit low-you can still understand, but you'd need to "focus" to hear the voice...

VetteSiNz 05-07-2010 03:35 AM

You're talking about BlueTooth? If so you can increase the volume through the thumbwheel (volume control) on your steering wheel.

rapidcool 05-07-2010 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by VetteSiNz (Post 23972217)
You're talking about BlueTooth? If so you can increase the volume through the thumbwheel (volume control) on your steering wheel.

i think your find thats only the volume it wont actually increase microphone sensitivity,i had to have mine adjusted at dealer.at least they said they had but i cant hear any difference,good luck

kleinbus 05-07-2010 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by rapidcool (Post 23972226)
i think your find thats only the volume it wont actually increase microphone sensitivity,i had to have mine adjusted at dealer.at least they said they had but i cant hear any difference,good luck

With vag-com there is mic sensitivity setting on radio and telephone modules that controls the phone mic and can be adjusted.

bags_Q5 05-07-2010 08:06 AM

Where is the mic located?

kleinbus 05-07-2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by bags_Q5 (Post 23972383)
Where is the mic located?

On left hand drive cars phone mic is behind that little grill on left side of homelink buttons.

m1964 05-07-2010 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by kleinbus (Post 23972235)
With vag-com there is mic sensitivity setting on radio and telephone modules that controls the phone mic and can be adjusted.

Today I spoke to the service advisor from the dealer, he said the mic's sensativity cannot be adjusted -I had a feeling he did not do a research on it...

yob2kanobe 05-07-2010 08:04 PM

I agree with kleinbus, the option is in VAG-COM to adjust the sensitivity of the Mic., Altho I haven't needed to adjust mine it is there. I don't think your dealer cares to investigate it.

kleinbus 05-08-2010 08:10 AM

Yesterday I was fiddling radio start volume and also changed my mic sensitivity from 1 to 3 (scale 1 to 6) and I have to do test later today to see does it make difference...

The mic location is bad as driver would need to look to homelink buttons to speak directly to mic. On the other hand, there is no good place at all to have direct path and I'm not sure I would want one of those flexible arms hunging from drivers A-pilar.

There is few owners here who have really good service but my dealers service advisors, LOL (I have to be careful with this LOLing as I might again fall off from my chair) they have attitude that nothing is wrong unless wheel falls off so I don't even bother asking them.

m1964 05-08-2010 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by kleinbus (Post 23972872)
Yesterday I was fiddling radio start volume and also changed my mic sensitivity from 1 to 3 (scale 1 to 6) and I have to do test later today to see does it make difference...

... There is few owners here who have really good service but my dealers service advisors, LOL (I have to be careful with this LOLing as I might again fall off from my chair) they have attitude that nothing is wrong unless wheel falls off so I don't even bother asking them.

I did BT re-set in MMI -will need to see/hear if it helped. Re: service advisors: if re-set does not work, then I will point out to vag.com ajustment and see what they say...