Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Buying 2015 Q5 TDI this month - Questions for owners

Old 01-05-2015, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying 2015 Q5 TDI this month - Questions for owners

I am buying a 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI this month and have a few questions about exactly what to buy. I am leaning toward the Daytona Grey Pearl and HGB trim with 20 inch wheels.

1. S-line or not, and is the three spoke steering wheel better than the standard steering wheel? Many other high end models opt for the standard wheel in P-Plus or Prestige.

2. Sport seat or luxury Nappa leather seat? I don't want the bi-color seats. I am athletic 6'2'', 180lbs if that makes a difference.

3. Is ventilated seats worth buying or not? I live in the Atlanta area?

4. Getting factory tow hitch if available or do Execuhitch with Darren here in ATL?

Thank you for any assistance in this dilemma.

Lars
Old 01-05-2015, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the luxury package with ventilated seats on my 2015 tdi. I've had better but they work pretty good for cooling. Plus you get the leather dash cover and arm rests which look real good and power lumbar on the passenger side. Go factory hitch and order it when you order/get the vehicle, it'll be cheaper. They should give you back the original painted cover that has a template on the back if you want to cut it out and reinstall it with the hitch on. I got the premium plus package instead of the prestige. Never been big on big rims. Too easy to damage and rougher ride but that's my opinion. Any combo with a tdi is a good combo. Good luck!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tisi_03
I got the luxury package with ventilated seats on my 2015 tdi. I've had better but they work pretty good for cooling. Plus you get the leather dash cover and arm rests which look real good and power lumbar on the passenger side. Go factory hitch and order it when you order/get the vehicle, it'll be cheaper. They should give you back the original painted cover that has a template on the back if you want to cut it out and reinstall it with the hitch on. I got the premium plus package instead of the prestige. Never been big on big rims. Too easy to damage and rougher ride but that's my opinion. Any combo with a tdi is a good combo. Good luck!
Thank you. I thought you had to get prestige to get ventilated seats, unless you had to get it as a custom order. So you got the standard steering wheel over the S-line three spoke one then?
Old 01-06-2015, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

factory hitch is very nice and the cover is a nice look when not in use.
the three spoke flat bottom wheel is very nice. i love it.
i have sport seats, haven't used the ventilated seats on a q5.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We are in Canada and just got a 2015 TDI Progressiv with S-Line and Navigation packages plus some options. Cannot comment on packages variety since they are different from US in terms of single options.
1. S-Line 3 spoke steering wheel is very nice and has flat bottom. That helps a lot with getting in and out of the vehicle especially when you are only 5'8". Even though regular seats are no slouch, I find sport seats which are the part of S-Line package provide much better side support. Being tall you will probably benefit from seat extension.
2. Napa leather looks and feels very nice and smooth, but I personally prefer the harder and grainy leather of sport seats. Stops me from sliding and I think it will be more durable in the long run. I am 220lbs.
3. We had ventilated seats in our Lexus IS 350. Nice feature but did not use it often due to our climate. No Arizona heat here. Definitely will be more useful in hot climates.
4. We just ordered an OEM hitch. Dealer had $250 off special. Being into mods for the past 10 years I guess I am just tired of aftermarket parts and the challenges that may come with them. OEM route for now. There are a few threads here Execuhitch on this forum. Looks like a very good choice as well. They may help you with the hitch decision.
As a side note. We love the car and the fuel consumption is fantastic.

Good luck with the purchase and enjoy the car when you get it.

Cheers

Last edited by Russkii; 08-08-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Definitely get the S-Line, so you can get Audi Drive Select (auto, comfort, dynamic, individual settings) and the lovely flat bottom steering wheel.

Here's what Daytona Grey w/ HGB trim will look like...('14 lowered on H&R springs)