Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 2015 order?

Old 06-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 2015 order?

I want the following:
Ibis white with sport package
S line plus (black optic package with titanium "peelers")
Side assist

No one in Florida has this combo, so the two orlando dealers tell me that I need to order.

I've seen several 2015 guides, but when I asked the dealers, they say everything is the same.

This is frustrating..if I order now, what am I ordering!?!

Are these dealers blowing smoke or are they really uninformed?
Old 06-27-2014, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm afraid the S Line is no longer available in 2015.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

The best for you is to contact the AoA, for real information
Old 06-28-2014, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HOiYA
I'm afraid the S Line is no longer available in 2015.
Right now......(keyword is now)... S Line doesn't look like it is available for 2015s, but it could become available a little while later in production since they are apparently producing higher yielding packages at the moment....Speak with your dealer and see what information they have from Audi ....they may be able to source that for you in a 2014 model and save you some money....

Also try a few other dealers around if one particular dealer can't get what you want.... One Dealer quoted me 3-4 months, since I would have to order, but another dealer found one out of state and got it to me within a week.....some work harder than others....
Old 06-28-2014, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

black optic package is available on the 3.0T premium plus...

side assist is standard on the prestige and only part of the technology package , which I don't want

I don't understand why the two dealers I talked to don't have the new order guides.

they had an accessory catalog which shows the new titanium v spoke wheels and it also says "available in high gloss black package"

to be perfectly honest, this whole experience just seems so unorganized and it's embarrassing for such a "premium" brand to have so much confusion for a process that should be easy.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by - B -
Right now......(keyword is now)... S Line doesn't look like it is available for 2015s, but it could become available a little while later in production since they are apparently producing higher yielding packages at the moment....Speak with your dealer and see what information they have from Audi ....they may be able to source that for you in a 2014 model and save you some money....

Also try a few other dealers around if one particular dealer can't get what you want.... One Dealer quoted me 3-4 months, since I would have to order, but another dealer found one out of state and got it to me within a week.....some work harder than others....
did they charge you for transfer?
Old 06-28-2014, 06:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spijun
The best for you is to contact the AoA, for real information
took your advice and called this am. thx!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zeebow
took your advice and called this am. thx!
And.......??
Old 06-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nick3753
And.......??
read post #5
Old 06-28-2014, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zeebow
did they charge you for transfer?
I didn't commit to the first dealers, so no transfer was required. After. I heard 3-4 months because of current demand (of the TDI in my case), I became determined to source one so, I spoke with 4-5 dealers in the Los Angeles area. In the end, two battled it out for my business by sourcing exactly what I wanted and then it just came down to price.

I don't know how open you are about the specific white you want, but you may want to see if they would have better luck with a Glacier White, if they eat the $500 price difference in paint finishes. It could motivate them to source your exact specs.

I understand your frustration. The whole process can be a bit irritating, especially when you know what you want and the dealer isn't as enthusiastic. My best advice is to keep trying other dealers and one you may get lucky, like I did.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q5 2015 order?