Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Comfort Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Comfort Control Module

Hello everyone,

Asking for a friend here. Does anyone know if it is possible to swap and code a Comfort Control Module J393 without a dealerships assistance? I am only asking as I have looked everywhere and there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by jlbell
Hello everyone,

Asking for a friend here. Does anyone know if it is possible to swap and code a Comfort Control Module J393 without a dealerships assistance? I am only asking as I have looked everywhere and there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. Thanks.
​​​​​​
I have changed my comfort module. Comfort module 046 also includes Acc/Start Auth 05 (keys programming). You will also need to remove component protection. This can only be done at the dealer (keys and CP). So take all your keys at the dealer too. In my case he also entered an svm specified actual comparison in order to code. This is where Audi online system disabled my keyless entry (was retrofitted but could not activate) because my Q5 was sold without this option. Managed to activate it with srt can-connect app.

​​​

Last edited by apoelistas; 02-25-2018 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by apoelistas
​​​​​​
I have changed my comfort module. Comfort module 046 also includes Acc/Start Auth 05 (keys programming). You will also need to remove component protection. This can only be done at the dealer (keys and CP). So take all your keys at the dealer too. In my case he also entered an svm specified actual comparison in order to code. This is where Audi online system disabled my keyless entry (was retrofitted but could not activate) because my Q5 was sold without this option. Managed to activate it with srt can-connect app.

​​​
With AVDI, it is possible to remove component protection on many modules
Old 02-25-2018, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by apoelistas
​​​​​​

​​​
So you think you can buy a second hand module and the dealer will remove CP and code it to the keys without an issue?
Old 02-25-2018, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by jlbell
So you think you can buy a second hand module and the dealer will remove CP and code it to the keys without an issue?
Find a dealer or a Geko account holder who does. I have read that some dealers do not allow this, due to co. policy.

The answer is yes. You can buy a second hand module take to dealer to remove CP and code (svm) and good to go. The problem is always which dealer. Some do some don't.

You need to purchase the correct control module. Some come with keyless entry and start button capability and some don't. I got the latest CM as proposed by ETKA.

Also read that if some cars are deregistered (not sure which countries) the control modules cannot be recognised by Audi online system.
​​​​​​

Last edited by apoelistas; 02-25-2018 at 09:14 PM.