AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   Comfort Package w/ Sport Interior Package? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/comfort-package-w-sport-interior-package-2850594/)

AlwayzBallin3 07-13-2013 05:15 PM

Comfort Package w/ Sport Interior Package?

I went to the dealer today to discuss ordering a 2014 Q5. I want to order the Comfort Package for the nicer leather and ventilated seats, but I also want the Sport Interior Package just for the sport steering wheel with shifters. He told me that these packages can't be combined. Is this true?

The order guide says that the Comfort Package overrides all seat options which I took to mean the comfort seats would override the sport seats, but you could add the Sport Interior package for the steering wheel with shifters.

Does anyone have any experience trying to order both these packages?

MP4.2+6.0 07-13-2013 06:33 PM

What the dealer said was incorrect.

Having checked this out thoroughly with high volume knowledgable dealers who have actually made this order combo, and finding one or two posts here of people who did it, you can combine the packages. If you do, you get non sport seats but they are ventilated and with the nicer leather. You get the paddle shifters and three spoke wheel and you get the leather trim above the center instrument pod area (BTW it's not the whole upper dash like in an A8 or other higher end Audi with it as I found out eventually).

I almost did it, but in the end just ordered the straight sports package option rather than both. My A8 has all the primo leather stuff and ventilated seats (which aren't as effective as other brands, at least in a D3 A8--better than not having it at all though). But then it also has adjustable thigh extensions. I'm taller as is my brother in law who was with me on test drive day--we tried both Q5 seating types, and each of us thought the sport seat was the more comfortable one overall, particularly because of that thigh extension adjustability. My shorter spouse thought either type was fine. These aren't the tight sport seats of yore either that once upon a time required pretty slim builds.

Consider if your dealer/salesperson doesn't really understand this, whether you are working with the right person or at the right level. Your read of the info was correct--the sport seat element gets overridden, but it's not mutually exclusive. The dealer can also prove it by just entering it as an order in the Audi build system; they will see it does not get rejected.

idale 07-14-2013 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0 (Post 24465151)
Your read of the info was correct--the sport seat element gets overridden, but it's not mutually exclusive. The dealer can also prove it by just entering it as an order in the Audi build system; they will see it does not get rejected.

Yep, this has come up on here several times, and there's members with this combo, and the order guide itself doesn't say "N/A with ..." so you can do it. It sounds odd, but is totally doable. :D

AlwayzBallin3 07-14-2013 06:27 AM

Thank you both for the replies!

I talked to a salesperson at a different dealership who says he has ordered that combo for others. At first I thought he may be telling me what I wanted to hear, but now I trust him after reading your replies.

Thanks again!