Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

The curious question.. Audi care

Old 08-17-2016, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The curious question.. Audi care

Just brought our Sq5 in for its first maintenance at the dealer. We only put 2500 miles on it until the first maintenance hit. I'm having a dilemma here.. Is audi care for $850 worth it? I asked the dealer to explain what's includes and they honestly don't even know... I went online and searched it up and it just seems like oil changes and tire rotations.. Can someone give me some insight on it? Would love to see if it's worth it.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just do it yourself. Nothing, car related, is worse than a dealer working on a car.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peaster3
Just brought our Sq5 in for its first maintenance at the dealer. We only put 2500 miles on it until the first maintenance hit. I'm having a dilemma here.. Is audi care for $850 worth it? I asked the dealer to explain what's includes and they honestly don't even know... I went online and searched it up and it just seems like oil changes and tire rotations.. Can someone give me some insight on it? Would love to see if it's worth it.
It covers all the required maintenance for the first 45000 miles at a discount from the current costs for the services. I bought it and would buy it again next time.

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...-Year-2015.pdf

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...ombined_j2.pdf

If you can do all the service yourself.. great. Most cant or dont want to.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Keener
It covers all the required maintenance for the first 45000 miles at a discount from the current costs for the services. I bought it and would buy it again next time.

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...-Year-2015.pdf

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...ombined_j2.pdf

If you can do all the service yourself.. great. Most cant or dont want to.
I purchased and find it worth while. While they are doing the service you get any service bulletins that have come in for the car. And over my 45k there were quite a few service bulletins. At 25k I got a brand new set of breaks as there was a service bulletin for it.

This also helps with any warranty issue's down the road. I have read some threads of warranties being denied due to claims of the wrong oil being used in the engine. Then you have to prove that all required maintenance has been done and qualified products have been used.

If you do the audi care you have proof that all required maintenance has been done. This can also be a selling point to the next owner.

just my 2 cents.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Only the first free service includes tire rotation. Made sense for me to buy Audicare. If your dealer is good with service in general it is a a good idea. There will be no discussion regarding if you documented your service correctly for warranty issues or good will repairs after warranty. You will get (2) brake fluid flushes and your car's resale value will be worth more to many used car buyers.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rdA4WtQ5
your car's resale value will be worth more to many used car buyers.
AGREED on this one for sure! On luxury brand cars like this,I always let the dealer do the basic service for EXACTLY this reason. I especially liked that my Q was maintained religiously and it shows on the CarFax because it was done by the dealer. It would have been tough for me to believe it was sincerely maintained otherwise.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We will be taking delivery of our new Q5 next week and I have no doubt Audi Care will be offered, among other services and products, when we have our "sit down" with the
Finance Manager. I understand many of these services and products are dealer priced and open to negotiation. Of the many offered, which ones should we consider, if any, and what kind of pricing should we be looking for?
Old 08-17-2016, 05:41 PM
Just some bum.

We got the Audi Care on our 2014 Q5. Would definitely do it again, if just for the loaners they've given me (A4, S5, A7... No R8 yet lol)
Old 08-17-2016, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by p912guy
We will be taking delivery of our new Q5 next week and I have no doubt Audi Care will be offered, among other services and products, when we have our "sit down" with the
Finance Manager. I understand many of these services and products are dealer priced and open to negotiation. Of the many offered, which ones should we consider, if any, and what kind of pricing should we be looking for?
Don't bother with anything other than Audi Care. Everything else is basically stuff the dealer resells from other vendors. You can get the same stuff cheaper by buying it directly from those vendors. Audi Care may not be offered at the time you sit down, because you can buy it all the way up to the 15k service directly from the service department. The price is set by AoA not the dealer. The dealers get reimbursed by AoA for the service. Sometimes you can negotiate a lower price for Audi Care, but not with the Finance Manager. You have to talk to your sales guy, because it's effectively an additional discount on the car and not a discount on Audi Care.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superswiss
Don't bother with anything other than Audi Care. Everything else is basically stuff the dealer resells from other vendors. You can get the same stuff cheaper by buying it directly from those vendors. Audi Care may not be offered at the time you sit down, because you can buy it all the way up to the 15k service directly from the service department. The price is set by AoA not the dealer. The dealers get reimbursed by AoA for the service. Sometimes you can negotiate a lower price for Audi Care, but not with the Finance Manager. You have to talk to your sales guy, because it's effectively an additional discount on the car and not a discount on Audi Care.
Not sure if this will work with Audi Care, but when I decided to get an extended warranty for my 2016 SQ5 simply because of the complex and very costly electronics, I sent e-mails to eight Audi dealers and asked then to bid on the warranty I had selected. I received bids from all eight, took the e-mail with the low bid to my dealer and they immediately agreed to match it. It saved me $2,000 off the list price. It might be worth a try with Audi Care.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The curious question.. Audi care