Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Dieselgate $500 Audi Dealership cards expiration

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

I used mine for a transmission fluid and filter change on the TDI Q7. It is at 103000 miles now and I expect ( plan) to put another 40000 on it before accepting the buyback.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark P
In my case I was trying to use it at a VW dealership for a part purchase and they said they couldn't do it. Maybe he just didn't know or didn't want to, but I've heard similar with others too.
I tried using my VW one at an Audi dealer with the same result. They tried running it twice, but just wouldn't work.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by atc98092
I tried using my VW one at an Audi dealer with the same result. They tried running it twice, but just wouldn't work.
Two reasons why you could have a problem. First, did you activate the cards? Second, the transaction amount was higher than the amount of value on the cards.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brutus23079
Mark, my card said "1/17" as well. I called the number on the back to clarify the last day. They said I had until the end of the month. Just wanted to clarify for others with "1/17" cards (especially since we're past 1/17/17).

Keep up the good bird-******* on Dieselgate. Many of us are following you and MP4 as the main source for our info.
You know, when I started typing that I had it as "1/17" (in my mind Jan 17th) and then changed it to "1/17/17" to not confuse others that 1/17 may have meant Jan 2017. However now after your post, duh, of course it means Jan 2017, just like every other credit card 4 digit expiration. I don't know why that never occurred to me!

Thanks, I like the logistics and conditional statements, etc to trace various outcomes. I'm the type that would make one of those online calculators to figure out payouts based on current and future variables (keeping car x miles / years, etc), except that I don't know enough to make a webpage out of that kind of stuff so I'd do it where I live, Excel ;-)
Old 01-20-2017, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Two reasons why you could have a problem. First, did you activate the cards? Second, the transaction amount was higher than the amount of value on the cards.
I ran an amount higher than my balance without issue. She then told me what I owed. And she had no idea what I had for a balance before, so she didn't proactively do anything. Just blindly ran it and it took off the remainder on the card and then told me the remainder owned on my bill. So that's unlikely his issue.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nope, cards were activated, as I used both previously. I had already used up the standard Visa card. The VW only had over $100 available, and I was only trying to buy two wiper blades. About $45 if I remember correctly. They told me they had tried to use the VW card before without success. Just wouldn't work in an Audi dealership.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mark P
I ran an amount higher than my balance without issue. She then told me what I owed. And she had no idea what I had for a balance before, so she didn't proactively do anything. Just blindly ran it and it took off the remainder on the card and then told me the remainder owned on my bill. So that's unlikely his issue.
Could be dependent on the point of service system the dealership has.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by atc98092
Nope, cards were activated, as I used both previously. I had already used up the standard Visa card. The VW only had over $100 available, and I was only trying to buy two wiper blades. About $45 if I remember correctly. They told me they had tried to use the VW card before without success. Just wouldn't work in an Audi dealership.
I missed that point it was a VW card used at Audi. There may be a restriction. I made my purchase at a dealer that is both VW and Audi.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I missed that point it was a VW card used at Audi. There may be a restriction. I made my purchase at a dealer that is both VW and Audi.
No such combined dealership within reasonable distance to me. Otherwise that would have been a great idea.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I used my sister's A3 TDI giftcard as partial payment for a roof rack for my A6 with no problems on Discount Audi Parts at Wholesale Prices . Prices are discounted from MSRP as well.

Quick Reply: Dieselgate $500 Audi Dealership cards expiration