Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Dieselgate $500 Audi Dealership cards expiration

Old 01-27-2017, 08:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greystoke
I see you are in Riverside. Can I please get the name of the dealer that did your work? Some here in the San Diego area don't want my business with their incredibly high prices.

Grey
Audi South Coast in Santa Ana. Long way from SD, and a hour for me,
but they gave me a nice S line loaner for the day, ran errands and looked at RV's down the street, late lunch, etc.

Look on their online site, service specials, they had a coupon for the 99.95
oil change, that is what I used.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
Cool. FYI though. The 3.0TDI (at least in the Q7) holds nearly 9 qts and requires special low ash oil. Suggest you verify.

Audi Dealer, receipt states diesel oil, not much else one can do other than
standing over the tech and see what they put in......
They had the car for 5.5 hours, I am not about to stand around to see if
they use diesel spec oil.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had been waiting to see what the "fix" was going to be before using my card on an AC repair, but now I noticed it has expired. I called the Audi line and they said they are not going to reissue expired cards. Seems like a bad idea for a goodwill gesture. Anybody have better luck or advice on a number I should call?
Old 04-27-2017, 06:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Madoden
I had been waiting to see what the "fix" was going to be before using my card on an AC repair, but now I noticed it has expired. I called the Audi line and they said they are not going to reissue expired cards. Seems like a bad idea for a goodwill gesture. Anybody have better luck or advice on a number I should call?
I think that's going to be very difficult, as they are debit cards. They did give a lot of time to use the card. In my experience with other companies that issue gift cards as good-will gestures for something wrong, they usually have an expiration and won't reissue them after the expiration.

You could try the Audi line again, but I think that may be your only option.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well...even if you can't use your $500 card for it, your A/C repair should be covered under the Bridge Warranty. Call AoA and ask if it is in effect yet for your VIN.

Grey
Old 05-01-2017, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark P
You know, when I started typing that I had it as "1/17" (in my mind Jan 17th) and then changed it to "1/17/17" to not confuse others that 1/17 may have meant Jan 2017. However now after your post, duh, of course it means Jan 2017, just like every other credit card 4 digit expiration. I don't know why that never occurred to me!

Thanks, I like the logistics and conditional statements, etc to trace various outcomes. I'm the type that would make one of those online calculators to figure out payouts based on current and future variables (keeping car x miles / years, etc), except that I don't know enough to make a webpage out of that kind of stuff so I'd do it where I live, Excel ;-)
We used up today the Gift card that we can only use at dealer to avoid risk losing it.

The dealer told us that our expired In end of May, and you may wish to recheck yours.

We used our gift card to buy brake pads and sensors for front and rear of our 2015 Q5 TDI. I was shocked to see how expensive these items are.

The dealer told us that we could return these items if Audi cannot fix our TDI.

Good of luck with yours.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sigq5
We used up today the Gift card that we can only use at dealer to avoid risk losing it.

The dealer told us that our expired In end of May, and you may wish to recheck yours.

We used our gift card to buy brake pads and sensors for front and rear of our 2015 Q5 TDI. I was shocked to see how expensive these items are.

The dealer told us that we could return these items if Audi cannot fix our TDI.

Good of luck with yours.
Expiration was determined by when you filed the claim - I think you got one year, so it varied from person to person.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well...even if you can't use your $500 card for it, your A/C repair should be covered under the Bridge Warranty. Call AoA and ask if it is in effect yet for your VIN.

Grey
Grey, I hadn't even thought about that, but I think my mileage was already too high when it went out - past the normal warranty period.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Grey, I hadn't even thought about that, but I think my mileage was already too high when it went out - past the normal warranty period.
I did not see a mileage limit on the bridge warranty when I reviewed the court docs.

Section 34 on page 31 of the VW 3L Settlement Notice is your guide. Make sure you tell the dealer that the defect happened after Jan 31st of 2017.

http://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/...t%20Notice.pdf

Grey
Old 05-04-2017, 02:19 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default warranty extension

I did not see a mileage limit on the bridge warranty when I reviewed the court docs.

Section 34 on page 31 of the VW 3L Settlement Notice is your guide. Make sure you tell the dealer that the defect happened after Jan 31st of 2017.

http://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/...t%20Notice.pdf

Grey
If I'm reading this correctly, my 2014 TDI New Vehicle Warranty runs out 31 August 2017, but will continue until the Emissions Compliant Repair is done sometime after this date?
Is this "Bridge Warranty" coverage similar to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or ONLY applicable to the emissions on the New Vehicle Limited Warranty? I already have been in contact with the dealership to purchase an extended warranty for my vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dieselgate $500 Audi Dealership cards expiration