Extendable Sun Visor - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Extendable Sun Visor

Reply

 
 
Old 08-20-2014, 09:42 PM
  #1
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 262
Default Extendable Sun Visor

I have a 2014 Q5 TDI and miss having my extendable sun visor from my 2006 outback XT. I thought I read that an Audi Q5 possibly 2012 or older had a passenger & drive side extendable sun visor? Is this true? How hard would it be to try to buy one if audi sells them and install it?

If you've ever driven with an extendable visor you would know what I mean when I say it us more useful than you could imagine!
imdakine1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:13 AM
  #2
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 458
Default

I agree. That's my wife's only complaint about ours. I keep the seat all the way back, so when the sun is coming in from the side, forget about it. Might as well get some horse blinders.
SQive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:41 AM
  #3
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 151
Default

+1 likely our biggest complaint. Here in Texas we get a lot of sun. Spent a number of years in Germany, though, so I understand that the engineers there really don't need to worry about the sun much....
Tomb01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:39 AM
  #4
AudiWorld Super User
 
ELEVENS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: great lakes, yoo ess of eh
Posts: 4,593
Default

That's odd, our 2010 S-line has them.
ELEVENS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:23 AM
  #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 1,700
Default

Originally Posted by ELEVENS View Post
That's odd, our 2010 S-line has them.
As does my 2014 (just verified I wasn't crazy)....
idale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:47 AM
  #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,601
Default

I just checked, and our '13 P+ has them on both sides.
Q5 Bob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:12 AM
  #7
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 262
Default

I guess s-line has it but not the 2014 base "premium plus"... Do you guys also have the flap down in the middle between both shades? My old 2003 mercedes 300E and my audi 2002 a4 1.8t had the flap down piece not the extended shades.

Wonder if I can upgrade the shades? Where do I find the part info?
imdakine1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:16 PM
  #8
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 1,700
Default

Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
I guess s-line has it but not the 2014 base "premium plus"... Do you guys also have the flap down in the middle between both shades? My old 2003 mercedes 300E and my audi 2002 a4 1.8t had the flap down piece not the extended shades.

Wonder if I can upgrade the shades? Where do I find the part info?
S-Line doesn't change the visors, and I don't have S-Line anyway, just a normal P+ TDI with nav, sport and B&O.

Sadly the third visor was killed somewhere along the line -- I had that in my 2002 Passat and it was the coolest thing ever. However, I haven't really noticed myself missing it in the Q5 (though I really missed in in my Odyssey), likely due to there being other stuff on the windshield helping to block that little bit of sun.
idale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:45 PM
  #9
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 262
Default

@idale... So you have a 2014 TDI right? Your car doesn't have the extended visor right? I've got the same setup as you... No extended visor.

Originally Posted by idale View Post
S-Line doesn't change the visors, and I don't have S-Line anyway, just a normal P+ TDI with nav, sport and B&O.

Sadly the third visor was killed somewhere along the line -- I had that in my 2002 Passat and it was the coolest thing ever. However, I haven't really noticed myself missing it in the Q5 (though I really missed in in my Odyssey), likely due to there being other stuff on the windshield helping to block that little bit of sun.
imdakine1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:05 PM
  #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 1,700
Default

Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
@idale... So you have a 2014 TDI right? Your car doesn't have the extended visor right? I've got the same setup as you... No extended visor.
No, my visors do pull out. So unless ELEVENS and I are just misunderstanding what you're wanting, you should have it too.... (Since you mention having an A4 before, it'd be the same: pull and the visor slides along the arm. It's not one that has a piece that pulls out from the visor itself to make the visor itself longer.)
idale is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ECS Tuning-Audi
S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
4
09-14-2017 09:58 AM
A6GT
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
17
12-29-2016 08:15 AM
T1no33
Audi A3 / S3 /RS 3 MKII
14
03-02-2016 04:06 AM
ECS Tuning-Audi
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8)
3
02-04-2016 08:36 AM
gorkyc
A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion
7
10-04-2015 07:00 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:21 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: