Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Here is a video of Hoffman Estates Audi Dealer stealing from my Q

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythdoc
It’s a little confusing...maybe a little troubling. It does seem almost like you intended all along to conduct your personal version of a hidden camera sting. Or maybe capture 15 minutes of fame on the Owl Camera social media site. Whatever it was, I hope it was worth all the annoyance it caused you.
If you know what the Owl camera is then you know that it is out in the wide open where she could easily see herself. Sting? OK
Old 06-22-2018, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Collurafici
If you know what the Owl camera is then you know that it is out in the wide open where she could easily see herself. Sting? OK
I think you missed his point
Old 06-22-2018, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, I certainly did. This was no sting. The camera is in plain view for anyone to see especially the driver. Are you saying that I should not be able to look into my own car?
Old 06-22-2018, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Collurafici
Yes, I certainly did. This was no sting. The camera is in plain view for anyone to see especially the driver. Are you saying that I should not be able to look into my own car?
No one is saying that.

Have considered that you might be more interested in being vindictive than receiving actual retribution?

That’s my 2 cents, I’m out ✌️
Old 06-22-2018, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

I would have settled for an apology. The dealer offered something better. When I asked for proof, he reneged and then went on to fabricate that I profiled and entrapped his people. AOA doesn't care. You can take your car there. The other people at the Q7 forum thought I should post this on other pages to warn everyone. You do with the info as you wish. I'll go back to the Q7 forum...
Old 06-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing this. I do always wonder what happens to my car while it is getting serviced. First time I took it in, when I got it back, every single setting seemed to have been changed, the radio was on (I don't ever use the radio and this certainly wasn't a station I listen to), the seats and mirrors were all moved, automatic lights were turned off, there were AC settings in use that I didn't know existed, etc. The 2nd time, I picked it up and they told me the fog light was cracked, it was actually smashed and the rock that did it, was still inside the light. Now it is more likely that this happened to me on the drive over but they did drive it for 4 miles so for all I know, it could have happened on their watch, especially since the rock hadn't fallen out. I've always used a private mechanic that works out of his home because I've driven out of warranty exotics and it is nice because he is the only person that touches the car and he is incredibly careful. When I bought the Audi, I went for Audi Care for the convenience of it (mechanic is an hour away and doesn't have shuttles or loaners) but so far I'm regretting it and this video adds to that. Has anyone contacted Audi before and said that you want a refund of your remaining AudiCare services?
Old 06-25-2018, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

So if the OP profiled that employee....What, he set the camera menus up to only record Latina? Hispanic? Women? with tatoos?
Logically, you cannot "profile" someone if you're not aiming at anyone in particular.

What, is the dealer trying to employ ex-convicts and reluctant to fire them when caught at petty theft? Or just reluctant to fire dishonest employees in general?

I've always figured that if someone really NEEDED to listen to a radio while they were in my car...they should have their own. By all means, turn mine on or off, but that's all.