Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

how are you handling the takata airbag recall?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My Audi dealership is downplaying the seriousness of the recall's effects on trading in. On the same day they assured me there would be no issues, the local Benz dealer told me they will not accept any recalled car in trade until the airbags have been replaced. In short, we can't order a new GLC without knowing when the parts will be available.

With the airbag recall on the Q5 and stop-sale/diesel recall on my Touareg TDI, it appears we won't be replacing either of our vehicles anytime soon.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRodW
With the airbag recall on the Q5 and stop-sale/diesel recall on my Touareg TDI, it appears we won't be replacing either of our vehicles anytime soon.
Ugh, that's a tough spot. At least they are nice vehicles you're forced to keep!

Seems to me they can't say it's not serious and yet recommend no one ride in the passenger seat (is that true?).
Old 08-14-2016, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRodW
My Audi dealership is downplaying the seriousness of the recall's effects on trading in. On the same day they assured me there would be no issues, the local Benz dealer told me they will not accept any recalled car in trade until the airbags have been replaced. In short, we can't order a new GLC without knowing when the parts will be available.

just want to second this, I called the local MB dealer and the local Acura dealer this weekend, both said they are not taking in Takata recalled calls on trade in because they cant sell them.

I guess I either have to wait and play the odds, or trade it in for another audi and take advantage of their incentive
Old 08-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wife wants to get rid of our 6 year old Q5, but I never thought about the airbag recall preventing a trade in. Sucks being stuck with the vehicle.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by tbinmd
Wife wants to get rid of our 6 year old Q5, but I never thought about the airbag recall preventing a trade in. Sucks being stuck with the vehicle.
You can trade it in to an Audi dealer and take advantage of the loyalty rebate for Takata owners.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
You can trade it in to an Audi dealer and take advantage of the loyalty rebate for Takata owners.
I know, I mentioned that yesterday to her. But the wife is fed up with Audi.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I know, I mentioned that yesterday to her. But the wife is fed up with Audi.
Fed up with Audi??? Change the wife!
Old 08-17-2016, 11:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NorthValley
Fed up with Audi??? Change the wife!
She wants a Macan instead. So she's a keeper
Old 08-17-2016, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She wants a Macan instead. So she's a keeper
She sounds like a wise woman.....
Old 02-13-2017, 07:11 AM
JUS
Audiworld Junior Member

So I have a 2011 A6 that is subject to this Takata recall as well. I have a letter from Audi advising me not to use the front passenger seat, which is a problem. They don't know when they will have parts and this recall has killed my ability to get anywhere near market price when selling the car or trading it. I don't understand how I can just be put in a position where I don't have full use of the car, see the value of the car plummet and have no recourse. None of this is my fault.

Quick Reply: how are you handling the takata airbag recall?