Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

I currently own a 2012 RX350 and drove a Q5 today

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idale
If your legs are on the side bolsters then of course the thigh extensions won't help. But if your legs are inside then you'll be perfectly fine. I find myself sitting with my legs angled out some and don't notice any lack of support, but everyone's different.
Yeah, I am going to drive one with the sport seats and see what I think.

Friday is my next drive I think!
Old 01-18-2014, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I went for a test drive today, they did not have the 2.0T, so had to test drive the 3.0T.
I felt that it had a very good ride, but the SA told me that the 2.0 is a little lighter so is a little more peppy.

The seats were regular seats and I though they were comfortable, the SA and the dealership (very arrogant) why is Audi dealership so Sh***y.

The SA told us that there is no discount, there is huge demand, and very few come to USA, such bull****, just because he did not have inventory, he made it sound like that.

Why doesn't Audi do something about their dealership. I will go to other dealership and hopefully find a better service. I just kept telling myself that I will need to deal with these sales ppl just once if I buy the car, no need to turn away from a good car because of the lack of customer service.
However, if the attitude is the same at other dealerships, I will not buy the car, they can all go to heel and stay there.

Ok back to the car, wife and I both felt that the back seat was only for 2 adults and the hump in the middle makes it almost unusable for a third person. Comparing to our rav4 which is flat and can seat 3 adults in the back. The sunroof is also concerning because the mesh cover is not at all thinck as i was hoping it would be, like you see in other cars.

But very satisfied with the seats and lumbar and adjustments,

I am not sure if the cargo space was smaller than our rav4. will have to look at measurements.

We are thinking of just going with a 2.0T and premium plus to get heated seats. no nav etc.
not sure if i should look for side assist. Anyone care to share their experience.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I drove one again and loved it. Tried both shifting choices this time, D and S. Liked them both. S for around town

However, it looks like I am going to hold on to my Lexus for awhile to get more equity. If I had been able to get the high end of the dealers web site trade in pricing, I would have ordered one! But what they offered (lower than the low end)was 7K difference and really that made it not a wise decision for me. In couple years I will have 20K or more equity and that will make a good down payment!

Darn! But for sure, Audi is my next car!

I really liked to way the seats were very adjustable. I like the peppiness of the 2.0 and I would NOT get a sunroof. One leak (or forget to close) and there goes the car!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a 2014 2.0T with 19inch wheels and B&O sound system. I was able to receive a 6% discount off MSRP for being an Audi Club of America member. I also was able to take advantage of Audi loyalty discount of $1000 for purchasing a Q5.

I did get the navigation system and prefer it to my wife's Mercedes system. I did not opt for the side assist option and have not had any regrets.

I love driving the Q5. Gas consumption has been a bit disappointing, but I am averaging around 18 in town and 25 on the highway. The standard seats are very comfortable and heat up nicely in the cold weather of western PA.

I went to 2 different dealerships before I made my purchase. I have not had service on the vehicle, so I cannot comment on service. I had a better sales experience with Mercedes but Audi was not far behind.

Please feel to ask any other questions.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife test drive today Q5 2.0T PP and she was shock how easy steering feel. My SA was late for our appointment by 30 min. No sport interior, that I ask week before. But even in this configuration I really liked.
Wish I get answers to all my questions.
Was waiting for my SA and watching life of this big dealership at Saturday 2pm - no one working - few SA was watching basketball game, few was surfing internet. How they survive- with no good discounts, good lease deals? Wife lost her temper and not sure if I will give my hard earning check to this dealership.

When I waiting walk across to Porsche dealership and saw 50th anniversary edition at $147K
Attached Images     

Last edited by TIME89; 01-20-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TIME89
My wife test drive today Q5 2.0T PP and she was shock how easy steering feel. My SA was late for our appointment by 30 min. No sport interior, that I ask week before. But even in this configuration I really liked.
Wish I get answers to all my questions.
Was waiting for my SA and watching life of this big dealership at Saturday 2pm - no one working - few SA was watching basketball game, few was surfing internet. How they survive- with no good discounts, good lease deals? Wife lost her temper and not sure if I will give my hard earning check to this dealership.
My car buying experience at the dealership was so-so at best. The sales rep we dealt with was one of most knowledgeable that I've ever dealt with, but beyond that everything else was less than stellar. I've only been to the Service Department once and that was just for the 1 year/5k service so nothing too tricky. I'll stick with this dealership for service for now. The good news is that we're enjoying the Q5 enough to make up for things at the dealer.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am not sure of the Q5 anymore, the more I am thinking the more the car feels small, back seat is usable bur for 2 adults and the cargo area is not that great as well. Would have to test drive the 2.0t and the Lexus RX350 back to back.

Was looking at the RX350 reviews online and the luxury features for the price I guess you get more with the RX350 vs the Q5.

The drivers seats sliding back and forward when you step in or get out is a wonderful feature, the Q5 has manual tilt/telescopic streering adjustment vs the power adjustment on the lexus.

I guess trying to talk myself out of the the Q5, the thing that is putting me off is the stupid dealership attitude and the snobbery of not trying to gain a customer. This is the same reason 2 years ago when shopping for a sedan we went with BMW.

I am hoping the other dealers in Pennsylvania are better than the one dealership in Delaware we have.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I do enjoy the moving seats in the Lexus and power steering adjustment. And especially the swiveling headlights. It does have excellent space too.

They are both different cars. I would love to have both
Old 01-20-2014, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by sid369
I am not sure of the Q5 anymore, the more I am thinking the more the car feels small, back seat is usable bur for 2 adults and the cargo area is not that great as well. Would have to test drive the 2.0t and the Lexus RX350 back to back.

Was looking at the RX350 reviews online and the luxury features for the price I guess you get more with the RX350 vs the Q5.

The drivers seats sliding back and forward when you step in or get out is a wonderful feature, the Q5 has manual tilt/telescopic streering adjustment vs the power adjustment on the lexus.

I guess trying to talk myself out of the the Q5, the thing that is putting me off is the stupid dealership attitude and the snobbery of not trying to gain a customer. This is the same reason 2 years ago when shopping for a sedan we went with BMW.

I am hoping the other dealers in Pennsylvania are better than the one dealership in Delaware we have.

We are a great dealership in Louisville, ky. Come on down. They will work with you. And I am picky about dealerships and hate snobbery.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I actually went to another dealership and test drove the 2.0T and I found it to be lighter and more peppy. Although the test drive wasn't long, I however was more comfortable since the SA was really really nice and informative. Very different experience that the previous dealership. Also, he said they were volume dealership so they could negotiate the price,He said they can $500 over invoice.

I was looking at the premium 2.0T with lighting package moonroof and heated seats was coming out to be $41,800 or something and they could offer it for 39,300.

The Lease no. were a little high though, the Residual was 55% and money factor was (lowest they can go depending on credit) was .0159

I think in order for me to keep my monthly payments close to what I pay for the Rav4, I will need to get a good trade in value. So I will see what they offer on the Rav4 and go from there.

Although, I think they are offering a good sale price, I am not sure if I am getting a good deal considering it not loaded with creature comforts etc.

I honestly am getting very confused as to which car to buy. I have even gone as far as getting a Honda Accord (Since my commute is long) and i could save some money, but then I think I will probably regret it.

Trying to make a good financial sense at the same time trying to get a car that I will enjoy. Lexus RX350 is not very good on gas and I will have to pay more than the Q5.

BMW X3 is out because of the seats etc.
Lexus sedans, I think the IS250 is too small and the ES350 driving is bland. The GS350 however is great but pricey.

How about Passat?

Sorry for going off topic.

Quick Reply: I currently own a 2012 RX350 and drove a Q5 today