Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

I drove my 2013 Q5 today

Old 05-23-2013, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I drove my 2013 Q5 today

and nothing happened. It went when I pressed the accelerator, stopped when I pressed the brakes. The radio played, the sunroof opened and closed and did not break.

Just thought someone might want to know.

Insert laughing emoticon here.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You should really go see the dealer about that, there's probably a TSB to fix it.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello -
Long time reader first time poster here in the family. I have owned my P+ 2.0T for almost a full month now and wouldn't you know it, but the darn thing has worked everyday with no issues what so ever. Well except I think it burns a small amount of gas, not sure if that is an issue or not I'm waiting on my 5K to bring that issue up. Sure it might give me peace of mind if they thing would hesitate, shift abrubtly, cough or just shut down, but not a thing yet, still waiting, I won't give up until it leaves me on the side of the road and am willing to wait years if I'm forced to. I did get a message today that told me to shut the sunroof because of wind resistance, I told the car to shut up and drive and if it had a face I would punch it - not hard though wouldn't want to bruise my beautiful ride, just hard enough to keep her in line.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobi's Q
I told the car to shut up and drive and if it had a face I would punch it - not hard though wouldn't want to bruise my beautiful ride, just hard enough to keep her in line.
LOL

on a side note..

Jerry can you post some pictures of your Scuba Blue?

I am on the fence about the color.. I went and saw it in direct sunlight 2 weeks ago and it looked like it could have hints of purple in it.. It looks great, but I dont know how well the color will age with time.

My color choices that I am debating between are :
1) Glacier white(hardest to keep clean would look great with the titanium package, the contrast)
2) Scuba Blue (unique color, rarely see any Audi's with this color in Miami).
3) Monsoon Gray ( looks great, but it is also a very common color and very similar to what I currently have, so change would be nice) But would be very sporty/Dark with the titanium package
4) Daytona Gray(this color I have not seen in person, so not sure about it yet..) Would be even darker than monsoon...

Interior would be chestnut brown.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Plasticar
and nothing happened. It went when I pressed the accelerator, stopped when I pressed the brakes. The radio played, the sunroof opened and closed and did not break.

Just thought someone might want to know.

Insert laughing emoticon here.
Take it back!! If you Lemon Law it you should be OK. Good luck.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mwaarna
on a side note..

I am on the fence about the color.. I went and saw it in direct sunlight 2 weeks ago and it looked like it could have hints of purple in it.. It looks great, but I dont know how well the color will age with time.

1) Glacier white(hardest to keep clean would look great with the titanium package, the contrast)
3) Monsoon Gray ( looks great, but it is also a very common color and very similar to what I currently have, so change would be nice) But would be very sporty/Dark with the titanium package
4) Daytona Gray(this color I have not seen in person, so not sure about it yet..) Would be even darker than monsoon...

If you've seen Scuba and are still on the fence, there's something wrong with you, it's great. Fairly subdued while overcast, and a little bit of "pop" when bright (though not as much as I was expecting from pictures, which isn't a problem). Good compromise between always understated and always in your face.

Monsoon's a bit too "plain" for me, though I love greys. Not sure what it is about it, probably slightly too light for a grey and doesn't have much of a background color to play with, I don't know.

Not a particular fan of greens, though, so the green-backrounded Daytona's not quite my speed, either, at least from some of the pictures I've seen. Though I do wonder, I saw a grey RS4 today that was a nice deep grey and those I know had Daytona available so if that was what it was... that's a nice grey.

Haven't seen Glacier, though Ibis Audis always look great; the Q5 might be slightly big to pull it off 100%, though.

But that's all just me.

Last edited by idale; 05-23-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: ficks teh taipoh
Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
LOL

on a side note..

In my opinion, the scuba blue doesn't seem to suit a luxury vehicle well. It doesn't look expensive. Any shade of white actually looks cleaner because it reflects the light. You have to look close to see the dirt. Daytona gray isn't green. It's actually very sharp. I have the monsoon gray. It's pretty on a sunny day and very boring on a cloudy day. It has no pop until the metallic comes to life in the sun.

Don't be afraid of the Glacier. The other colors you mentioned will show much more dirt. I had white for so long on other cars I owned. Availability was poor so I took the gray. I still like the Q5 in white the best.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Try these. Cellphone pics, so may not be the best. I get a lot of compliments on both the Scuba Blue and the Chestnut interior. Scuba isn't quite as dark as it looks here, but not light either. It has a nice sparkle in the sun. The sport seats are extremely comfortable for long rides.
Attached Images     
Old 05-23-2013, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Plasticar
Everyday, I feel your "pain"!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck, I rebuilt my car and I've been feeling that same "pain" as you guys. Well, except for the A/C not working if you try to blast it full (works if only cooling a bit, but not a ton), but that's my fault for putting too much Freon in, haven't gotten around to redoing it yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I drove my 2013 Q5 today