Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Importing Q5 from U.S to Italy

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Importing Q5 from U.S to Italy

I am moving to Italy in a few months and would like to take my Q5. Does anyone know where I can get paperwork that states that my Q5 technical specifications conform EU requirements? I contacted the Audi's corporate office but was unsuccessful.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure that it does, I think you need to change something with the headlights. But I could be wrong, I just remember someone else posting about it a year or so ago.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nboffa
I am moving to Italy in a few months and would like to take my Q5. Does anyone know where I can get paperwork that states that my Q5 technical specifications conform EU requirements? I contacted the Audi's corporate office but was unsuccessful.
Here you go! I hope it will answer some of your questions. I found it online: Italy - Importing a Vehicle | ExpatFocus.com
Old 03-25-2018, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you. I have that document and am having a hard time getting the Technical specification issued by the manufacturer stating the conformity with EU regulation. Thought it would be as simple as contacting Audi but they didn't know.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nboffa
Thank you. I have that document and am having a hard time getting the Technical specification issued by the manufacturer stating the conformity with EU regulation. Thought it would be as simple as contacting Audi but they didn't know.
I think you would need to go deeper into Audi corporate in EU to find out. Audi USA will only know conformity to US standards. Same thing when I imported my US Honda into Canada. I had to ask Honda US for a US conformity certificate. In Canada, there is an outfit called 'Registrar of Imported Vehicles' that notify importers how to get their imported cars to conform to Canadian standards such as daytime running lights, KPH markings on the gauges, and a few minor items such as Canadian safety labels. The EU or Italian Government should have an equivalent department to insure that imported vehicles conform to EU standards.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you! I will try the EU.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi,
I think that the main difference between the us ans eu specifications is the lightning system.