Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New (to je) Audi Q5 TDI owner.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New (to je) Audi Q5 TDI owner.

I’ve been wanting an Audi for years, be particularly enamored of the A6 and A7. Jusy could never convince myself that the extra cost was worth it.
fast forward to present. I loved my current car both for looks, economy, handling, and performance although not chipped and there are many hotter cars. I’m talking about my (formerly) VW CC 2.0T. The problem is my aging knees, which were complaing more and more about getting in/out of the low sitting CC.

So my quandry: i needed a small/mid suze SUV that would fit in the remaining garage space and give me a higher and easier to enter/exit seat. I absolutely did not wNt to sacrifice evonomy or performance, especiallybsince the SUV form mandated a hit on handling. So, I started looking at who had or still produced a TDI offering. Pure luck, after a particularly bad knee day, I spotted a 2014 Q5 TDI at a local Audi dealer. Researching the vehicle made it seem like it had been designed specifically for my needs. I arranged a test drive and traded my CC that afternoon.

its been a week and around 500 miles and I just cant get over how perfect this engine/vehicle combo is. I don’t care a fig about the EPA’s opinion; their concern was to drive out competitors to their preferred EV nightmare. They could care less about real environmetal risks or they’d never let lithium celled EVs on the road with the current state of crash protection to the cells.

So they’ll pry this vehicle from me when it stops running or I stop driving. ;-)
Old 11-13-2017, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree it's a great vehicle. I bought one too. Best of luck.

Where do you live?
Old 11-14-2017, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just outside San Antonio, Tx.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

i had a 12 touareg tdi. vw bought back. Great car. Bought a ml350 blu-tech mercedes. nice car but reminded me of a lexis with a very soft ride. i now have 2014 q5 tdi. its performance and fuel economy are fantastic. it is great fun to drive.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Clayton Yendrey
IÂ’ve been wanting an Audi for years, be particularly enamored of the A6 and A7. Jusy could never convince myself that the extra cost was worth it.
fast forward to present. I loved my current car both for looks, economy, handling, and performance although not chipped and there are many hotter cars. IÂ’m talking about my (formerly) VW CC 2.0T. The problem is my aging knees, which were complaing more and more about getting in/out of the low sitting CC.

So my quandry: i needed a small/mid suze SUV that would fit in the remaining garage space and give me a higher and easier to enter/exit seat. I absolutely did not wNt to sacrifice evonomy or performance, especiallybsince the SUV form mandated a hit on handling. So, I started looking at who had or still produced a TDI offering. Pure luck, after a particularly bad knee day, I spotted a 2014 Q5 TDI at a local Audi dealer. Researching the vehicle made it seem like it had been designed specifically for my needs. I arranged a test drive and traded my CC that afternoon.

its been a week and around 500 miles and I just cant get over how perfect this engine/vehicle combo is. I donÂ’t care a fig about the EPAÂ’s opinion; their concern was to drive out competitors to their preferred EV nightmare. They could care less about real environmetal risks or theyÂ’d never let lithium celled EVs on the road with the current state of crash protection to the cells.

So theyÂ’ll pry this vehicle from me when it stops running or I stop driving. ;-)
You might as well submit the VIN to the Dieselgate Claims website and see if there is any $ left for claiming.

Grey
Old 11-14-2017, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Greystoke
You might as well submit the VIN to the Dieselgate Claims website and see if there is any $ left for claiming.

Grey
i did and there is, but if I have to accept poorer economy and performance to get, they can keep it.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

i did and there is, but if I have to accept poorer economy and performance to get, they can keep it.
Remains to be seen whether there will be a performance hit. Stay tuned to the other thread. You could also take the fix money, forego the warranty, and have yours retuned to original or even a higher power output by a third party.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

...I just cant get over how perfect this engine/vehicle combo is...
Agreed 1000%!!

I still think the exact same thing every time I drive ours - it's sublime...

Congrats on the purchase!