Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ipod in the glove box

Old 12-13-2009, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ipod in the glove box

I test drove a 2010 Prem a few weeks ago and there was a box in the glove box that would hold an ipod. I just picked up a prem plus yesterday and there wasn't any place that I could see where the ipod would go. I didn't pay too much attn to the Prem but I seem to remember the connection was on the left side. In mine the connection point is over on the right. It looks like there are a couple of places on the left side that could hold an ipod but the cable doesn't reach. Just seems a bit annoying that I'm supposed to just throw it in there. After all, there's even a little holder in there for the emergency key.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

I picked up my Prem Plus a few weeks ago, and have not found a place for the IPod. It just sits there, but so far ok. I have a neoprene cover around my Ipod to protect it from scratches and such. I guess on the 2009's they had a net in the top of the glove box that used to hold it.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

-Andy
Old 12-13-2009, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mine just sits in there, not a big deal.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i have a 2009 and there's a little cubby area next to where the plug is for the iPod. it even has a pull out shelf!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I guess they change it for the 2010. I bought a nice leather case for my IPod to keep it from getting damage.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

In my 2010 S-line prestige, there's a pocket integrated into the glove box door that holds iPods or iPhones. The cable included is perfectly long enough to reach an iPod placed there without any slack. This was a concern I had before ordering my Q5 and the dealer told me this was standard on Q5s with premium plus or prestige, optional on premium.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by larryV View Post
In my 2010 S-line prestige, there's a pocket integrated into the glove box door that holds iPods or iPhones. The cable included is perfectly long enough to reach an iPod placed there without any slack. This was a concern I had before ordering my Q5 and the dealer told me this was standard on Q5s with premium plus or prestige, optional on premium.
Ditto. Our new 2010 Prestige S-line also has the little cubbie for the Ipod and the cable reaches fine.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

My 2009 Prestige also has a small shelve on the glove box door. My iPhone rests in their just fine.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have an old iPod, 3rd Gen 20Gb, and the MMI does not seem to recognize it. anyone noticed a similar problem, or am I the only one with such an old iPod (just replaced the battery a bunch of times, but still runs great).
2010 Q5 with Premium Plus
Old 12-27-2009, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My premium plus with Nav has the pocket for the iPod as well. Maybe you have to have the nav package

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ipod in the glove box

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: