Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ipod in the glove box

 
Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 PM
  #21  
AudiWorld Member
 
zaki626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: US by way of Malaysia
Posts: 112
Default

This is what I have in mine.
2010 Prem Plus, no Nav. If it makes a difference, I think my car was manufactured 9/2009.
Attached Images  
zaki626 is offline  
Old 12-28-2009, 07:28 PM
  #22  
AudiWorld Member
 
phxflyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 197
Default

Originally Posted by zaki626 View Post
This is what I have in mine.
2010 Prem Plus, no Nav. If it makes a difference, I think my car was manufactured 9/2009.
I have 2009 Prem Plus w/Nav and mine does not look like this at all. Mine looks like the post with the cable coming out of the right side and the A/C dial in the middle. I'm thinking the differences may be in Nav vs. No Nav.

phxflyboy
phxflyboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 05:04 AM
  #23  
AudiWorld Member
 
flogsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 210
Default

Interesting images here ;-) Calm at the office... time to post... Mine MY2010 (build end of 06/2009) looks just like zaki626's image.
flogsta is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 06:59 AM
  #24  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,161
Default

Originally Posted by phxflyboy View Post
I have 2009 Prem Plus w/Nav and mine does not look like this at all. Mine looks like the post with the cable coming out of the right side and the A/C dial in the middle. I'm thinking the differences may be in Nav vs. No Nav.

phxflyboy
Is that glove box AC cooled with that ipod interface in there? I would think not, the cooled glove box is a option right?
The G Man is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 11:19 AM
  #25  
AudiWorld Member
 
phxflyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 197
Default

Originally Posted by The G Man View Post
Is that glove box AC cooled with that ipod interface in there? I would think not, the cooled glove box is a option right?
Yes, the glove box is AC cooled. There is a little dial that essentially just opens up a vent that is tied in to the AC. Does a pretty good job, though. As far as it being an option, I thought they all had it but I'm not sure. Until this thread, I didn't know there was more than one type of glove box.

phxflyboy
phxflyboy is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 06:03 AM
  #26  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,161
Default

Originally Posted by phxflyboy View Post
Yes, the glove box is AC cooled. There is a little dial that essentially just opens up a vent that is tied in to the AC. Does a pretty good job, though. As far as it being an option, I thought they all had it but I'm not sure. Until this thread, I didn't know there was more than one type of glove box.

phxflyboy
It seems to me that Q5 with the ipod unit inside the glove box do not have that dial for teh cooled glove box function.
The G Man is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 07:57 AM
  #27  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 48
Default

Originally Posted by The G Man View Post
It seems to me that Q5 with the ipod unit inside the glove box do not have that dial for the cooled glove box function.
It depends on which glovebox you have.
Attached Images  

Last edited by jc2298; 12-31-2009 at 06:36 AM.
jc2298 is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 07:51 PM
  #28  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 139
Default

Mine looks just like zaki626's. Funny, though. Now that I think about it, the salesman made a big deal about the glovebox being airconditioned. Wasn't high on my list of priorities, so I never invesigated until now.
polaraudi is offline  
Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 AM
  #29  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220 View Post
i have a 2009 and there's a little cubby area next to where the plug is for the iPod. it even has a pull out shelf!
I have a 2010 Prestige with S-line... no little box for an iPod.
hopper is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 10:30 AM
  #30  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 119
Default

Originally Posted by hopper View Post
I have a 2010 Prestige with S-line... no little box for an iPod.
My '10 Prestige with S-Line is the same. My iPod just sits in the glovebox. I may put some velcro in there to get it out of the way. There is a small "shelf" on the lid that it could fit into but the cable is too short (by 2-4 inches or so).
EricSLine is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ipod in the glove box


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: