Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Keyless Start, Drive Select, Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

"done by Audi. when they used the SVM"
If that means an Audi dealer had the car hooked up to their computers for some service....Yes, sometimes the computer (the dealer, or the system, you can't tell which) goes and resets all sorts of things, based on the VIN of the car and how it was supposed to leave the factory. A full factory "reset" of what the system was supposed to be. Which also wipes out any customization or modification the owner has done.
Personally I call that illegal unauthorized computer tampering, but so far Audi has not been sanctioned for it. You might need the VAG software to reprogram that. I don't think any menus on the software that is in the car will allow that kind of a change.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Yes. Correct. With the svm XCHG46A001 Audi system copied my old comfort unit parameters and immobilizer parameters e.g. what my car had from factory, to the new comfort unit, but in addition removed the keyless entry parameter which existed in the new comfort unit

Audi system automatically removes that function from the comfort unit when SVM is entered. This is why I do not have any fault codes due to sensors or keyless entry not working.

The control unit was bought new and had that function built in before the SVM was entered.

Since the parameter is removed from the comfort unit and or immobilizer, coding will not help.

There is only one diagnostic which can add this parameter back. Couple of companies, one in UK and a couple in Germany, offer to add this parameter back to comfort unit. They need the car or just the comfort unit.

VCDS, odis-s and odis-e do not work. None can add this parameter back.

There is just one diagnostic capable to add this keyless entry parameter back to the immobilizer. I am in talks with a German company who has offered to assist me online to parametrize the comfort unit, after I purchase this tool. No one in my region has this diagnostic or offers this service.

The positive is that keyless start stop button works. The negative is Audi dealer ignorance on this subject. They spent in addition 2hrs and 30 mins to check my installation and charged me for this. I am sure they could have used a different procedure without having to enter this SVM.

I dont know how to deal with this issue. The diagnostic price starts from 240 euros.

Last edited by apoelistas; 07-16-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Just to make this less complex, the bcm2 comfort unit reserved memory for keyless entry, has to be reflashed in order to re-enable this function which was disabled by audi on-line system during the bcm2 upgrade (from older bcm1).

If your car was manufactured without keyless entry, Audi turns off this capability in firmware from the new comfort unit during the comfort unit replacement process.

I wish there was an SVM that could enable this function back.

Last edited by apoelistas; 07-17-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

SUCCESS.
I have keyless entry, 4 doors and boot. Start stop button was already working.

I did not use VCP, which is a good alternative (flash zdc file: a5PA_start_auth_8K0907064Cx,Kx.zdc, has 8 files for coupe and 8 files for 4 door car, select all 8 files for 4 door car)
I have used CAN-CONNECT, with my obdlink SX cable (this cable has become very useful)
First I checked if message was ok (selected to activate). But I got an error that my firmware is not supported.
Then I saved my keyless settings with the program (free) and spoke to the support giving them the number of upload and the error message.
They enabled my firmware version.
I tried again. I got a message that I have to buy credit (so no error message this time)
I got the tokens, and flashed with the keyless entry parameter (5 seconds) job.

Keyless entry success

I have given you the information needed. They wanted to charge me 150 pounds in UK plus postage cost in order to flash this parameter.
VCP is 240-300 to buy.

Anyone with the same problem really easy to do it by himself. Price to buy the 5000 tokens for CAN-Connect is 90 euros. Good luck.

Last edited by apoelistas; 07-26-2017 at 10:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
lunatick@o2.pl (11-21-2020)
Old 07-26-2017, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

-----------

Last edited by apoelistas; 07-26-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my firts post!
Audi Q5 (from Feb 2012) have served me seven years without problems. Now quite strange probleem arised with the keyless doors opening. First time the diagnostics test by Audi agency told that the left back sensor in the door handle was deffective. They replaced it. I was happy only one week. The problem is back!. Now the right frontal doors sensor is out. Not replaced it yet (quite expensive procedure) because 1-2 days it opens/closes normally, then again in order to open the doors I have to press the key. Like a lottery. Whereat, no problems in keyless ignition at all!! Back door opening is OK as well. Is that normal if one of the doors sensor is faulty then all 4 doors are out? Like in serious connection? Why such randomness in opening/closing? What do you recommend? Thanks in advance!
Sorry for my English! I’m Estonian.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Some times it is the sensor, sometimes it is the keylock actuator. With VCDs you can verify the source. Both are known to go bad The sensor was revised several times, I believe latest version is water proof and has higher longevity capability, so I believe. For the keylock actuator I have another thread how to swap.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks Apoelistas for quick answer. I would believe that the sensor is faulty (look at the extract of the diagnostic report attached). Although, as I told, the keyless system revived by surprise after the testing and served me well up to today's morning. Why? No it is again out. How long, let's see.

Although, as I told, after the diganostics
Old 02-10-2019, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Correct.
It is an easy fix however it causes discomfort when it goes bad. Usually in the summer this part does not fail. Its location is in the handle. If handle removal procedure is not done properly a special tool is needed (I dont have it) or removal of door trim is needed (push handle mechanism back to place). All 4 sensors have the same PN, unless you get the revision which differs. I prefer to purchase the part myself and do the work, rather than visitting the dealer but some risk exists (one needs to read the procedure). I guess one sensor is not expensive at the dealer but two are. I always ask failing parts from dealer to know that work was carried out, even if one gets the 2 years work/parts warranty. I prefer to discard the failing part myself.
Good luck.

Last edited by apoelistas; 02-10-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Back again. Now I have the brand new sensor (4G8927753B) on my desk. Before to start to replace it I would know is the reparing process so simple: old sensor out then the new one on place and that's all? No additional adjusting after?

Quick Reply: Keyless Start, Drive Select, Keyless Entry