LED interior light upgrades - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

LED interior light upgrades

Reply

 
 
Old 11-05-2013, 10:37 AM
  #1
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Q5 TDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The "moderately less" corrupt state of Illinois
Posts: 182
Default LED interior light upgrades

I'd like to get more light into the cargo area when the rear hatch is open.

Anyone swap out their stock bulbs with LED bulbs? If so where did you get them from, and the part numbers would be a big help.

Thanks
Q5 TDI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:53 AM
  #2
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 142
Default

Originally Posted by Q5 TDI View Post
I'd like to get more light into the cargo area when the rear hatch is open.

Anyone swap out their stock bulbs with LED bulbs? If so where did you get them from, and the part numbers would be a big help.

Thanks
Hi I got mine from tunerdomes.com and they have a kit that has all the lights for the interior. Great product
Audi1177777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:29 AM
  #3
AudiWorld Super User
 
spijun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sarajevo /BiH
Posts: 3,110
Default

For interior lights do not need CAN BUS Error Free LED, only for exterior lighting

You need W5W 12v5W LED
spijun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:20 PM
  #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 773
Default

Originally Posted by spijun View Post
For interior lights do not need CAN BUS Error Free LED, only for exterior lighting

You need W5W 12v5W LED
depends on what type of LEDs the OP gets. I think the cheap LEDs will flicker or stay on but very very dim.
AudiQ5sleeper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:43 PM
  #5
AudiWorld Super User
 
spijun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sarajevo /BiH
Posts: 3,110
Default

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper View Post
depends on what type of LEDs the OP gets. I think the cheap LEDs will flicker or stay on but very very dim.
I did not wrote expensive or cheap LED bulbs, but only for internal lighting do not need CAN BUS Error Free

Many sellers charge a lot more expensive bulbs CAN BUS Error Free
spijun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:33 PM
  #6
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 99
Default

Originally Posted by spijun View Post
I did not wrote expensive or cheap LED bulbs, but only for internal lighting do not need CAN BUS Error Free

Many sellers charge a lot more expensive bulbs CAN BUS Error Free
Yep...I can confirm this! Just did all my interior lighting for less than $20 (no need for CAN BUS Error Free)

And for the OP...you'll need 3x T10 LEDs for the trunk/hatch area. You can get it on eBay for around $5 for some really bright ones.

Last edited by dadizon; 11-05-2013 at 02:56 PM.
dadizon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:34 AM
  #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 773
Default

Originally Posted by spijun View Post
I did not wrote expensive or cheap LED bulbs, but only for internal lighting do not need CAN BUS Error Free

Many sellers charge a lot more expensive bulbs CAN BUS Error Free
I think it would be best to have the can bus error free bulbs.
AudiQ5sleeper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:46 AM
  #8
AudiWorld Super User
 
spijun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sarajevo /BiH
Posts: 3,110
Default

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper View Post
I think it would be best to have the can bus error free bulbs.
Ok I respect your decision

Why, which's the reason ?
Because of this you pay more, or ....?????

Last edited by spijun; 11-06-2013 at 04:53 AM.
spijun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:09 AM
  #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 773
Default

Originally Posted by spijun View Post
Ok I respect your decision

Why, which's the reason ?
Because of this you pay more, or ....?????
LED bulbs stays dim even when the car is off. its just weird. maybe I should send you a pic later tonight lol
AudiQ5sleeper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:29 AM
  #10
AudiWorld Super User
 
spijun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sarajevo /BiH
Posts: 3,110
Default

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper View Post
LED bulbs stays dim even when the car is off. its just weird. maybe I should send you a pic later tonight lol
I do not have that problem
LED error free have built-in resistor that does not give the error in the system, but it is only for outdoor lighting do not know how this will help
spijun is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ilikeit
Vehicles For Sale
2
01-09-2016 09:24 AM
ilikeit
Pacific Northwest Discussion
1
11-20-2015 06:57 AM
Dudealicious
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion
7
09-12-2015 03:51 PM
Dudealicious
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion
11
09-05-2015 08:58 AM
Beena
A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
0
09-02-2015 12:01 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:35 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: