Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Just Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Ordered

My 1st Post here. We just ordered a new Q 5 3.2 with the Prestige package in Ibis white & Black interior.
Trading in our '09 Lexus RX. They same about a month wait.

Here is my question, I have always serviced my own vehicles, oil, & all the filters, etc. The dealer has a maintenance package they want to sell. I'm thinking that is way too much $$$ & I should continue my own servicing.
Any adviceon that??
Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! You're going to love the car. Good choice on the prestige package, it comes with all sorts of goodies.

I'm assuming you're referring to Audicare when you talk about the maintenance package. You certainly can do the oil changes, etc. yourself, but at certain intervals other things need to be done to the vehicle, and those services are quite expensive we've found out through research. If you're planning to have the vehicle a short time, it may not be worth it, but if you plan to keep in longer term, if it were me, I'd get it, or try to get the dealership to include it in the sale.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by xfirechief
My 1st Post here. We just ordered a new Q 5 3.2 with the Prestige package in Ibis white & Black interior.
Trading in our '09 Lexus RX. They same about a month wait.

Here is my question, I have always serviced my own vehicles, oil, & all the filters, etc. The dealer has a maintenance package they want to sell. I'm thinking that is way too much $$$ & I should continue my own servicing.
Any adviceon that??
Welcome to the dark side xfirechief You may know me as The X Men on clublexus. Very good decision picking the Q5 over the RX350.
As far as doing your own maintenance, you will need the VAG COM software to reset the maintenance reminder light. You can but the cable from Ross Tech, I think its around $280, or you can try to get one from Ebay. some people have more success with the Ebay cable and software than others. By the way, if you plan to keep the car for at least 5 years, Audi care is a pretty good deal.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your new order !

Thanks to heads up here, Audicare was part of the negotiating process for me

IIRC think it retails for $800 ?!? which may seem like a lot, but having come from a lincoln ls with provided maint. it was nice not having to worry about periodic expenses ...
(and isn't a free loaner included with audicare?) thankfully I've not had to use it for anything other than an oil change, so not sure...
Old 09-12-2011, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the order. We have Ibis/Cardamom and have been very pleased.

I did not get Audicare because I could not get it as a freebie since we had a good discount on purchase price. If you like to DIY (which I do), the oil/filter and cabin filter changes are simple. Sunset Imports in OR has good prices on filters floor mats, parts, etc.