Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Opinions on price please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on price please.

Will make this quick and easy.

Brand new (~80 miles so seen a few test drives) 2014 SQ5 with MSRP of $57,740. Almost no haggle offer from Audi dealer of $51,200. I can probably get them down another $500 maybe more. Thoughts on offer? Good, bad?

Also it does not have MMI which I don't think is a big deal... but please tell me if I am wrong. Seems like a lot of dough for navigation and back up cam... what else would I be missing?

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have a pic of the sticker? This would let us know all the options it has on it.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dustin Fennell
Do you have a pic of the sticker? This would let us know all the options it has on it.
Sorry, no pic but it has:

Glacier white paint
21 inch wheels
Carbon inlays
B&O Stereo
Supercharged badges
Cargo net
Napa leather
Side assist
Old 10-04-2014, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

No MMI Navi is why they're willing to deal, if you're not going to miss it, then go for it.

Most people would probably rather spend the $3400 (2014 pricing) on MMI Navi, then spend $3600 on wheels, carbon inlays, Napa Leather, side assist and supercharged badges.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just as a second thought, I did not have MMI on my loaner and honestly did not miss it. I know where I am going in my area and could always use the iphone to navigate.
11% off msrp is really great.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can tell you that back in April, I got 7.5% discounted off MSRP. You seem to be about 11% off msrp. Pretty damn good for an Audi. And who needs MMI anyway....got great navigation on your phone.
One more thing. If you go to your bank or credit union and get pre approved for however much you want to finance, it is like having cash and puts you in a much better bargaining position. Good lock!
Personally, I enjoy the negotiating process, and a good salesperson will actively negotiate with you

Last edited by USAVAGEU; 10-04-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by USAVAGEU
I can tell you that back in April, I got 7.5% discounted off MSRP. You seem to be about 11% off msrp. Pretty damn good for an Audi. And who needs MMI anyway....got great navigation on your phone.
One more thing. If you go to your bank or credit union and get pre approved for however much you want to finance, it is like having cash and puts you in a much better bargaining position. Good lock!
Personally, I enjoy the negotiating process, and a good salesperson will actively negotiate with you
The dealer is offering 1.9% for 48 months which is pretty great imo. I can probably get them down on the cost of the car. They were practically begging me to take it. The sales guy started at $52k and then went to mgmt and asked for $50k without me even asking, when they came down $800. 2014 model year, no MMI...guess people like their tech these days. I'm buying an S to drive it not watch DVDs in it. Besides missing MMI I would still have picked all the other options (well maybe not the net and badges). Was planning to hold out to see the new XC 90, Q7 and Land Rover but this may be too sweet to pass up.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

If the SQ5 not having the MMI/Nav doesn't matter to you, then I say go for it. Most people want the MMI/Nav, so that makes it harder for the dealer to sell this particular vehicle. Use that to your advantage. Let them know you would rather have the Nav, but if they sweeten the deal enough, you would compromise. :-)

If you get it, please do post back your final details.

Good luck!
Old 10-04-2014, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dustin Fennell
If the SQ5 not having the MMI/Nav doesn't matter to you, then I say go for it. Most people want the MMI/Nav, so that makes it harder for the dealer to sell this particular vehicle. Use that to your advantage. Let them know you would rather have the Nav, but if they sweeten the deal enough, you would compromise. :-)

If you get it, please do post back your final details.

Good luck!

That's part of my question, am I nuts to consider an Audi without MMI? What am I missing that people won't buy a car without it? Maybe I need to see one with it to decide. Or does 11-12% off sufficiently negate the age and no MMI that I would be nuts not to jump on it? I guess only I can decide. Will sleep on it. Good tips, thx.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

All Audi models have MMI, without navigation. NAV is an additional option
MMI in all models, just different screen resolution, with different system linking other devices CAN bus or MOST-bus

MMI > Glossary > advice > Audi Enniscorthy

MMI operates a large number of in car entertainment components, car electronics, and other functions. The list below indicates the scope of systems controllable by MMI. However, depending on the actual car model, along with which version was specified (MMI Basic, MMI High, etc.), only some, and not all functions will be applicable or available.

Satellite navigation, including traffic management (TMC) - option
Radio tuner
CD changer
TV tuner - option
Telephone and directory
Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, climate control, and seat heating
Car setup (e.g. central locking and convenience function (coming home/leaving home, power sunroof and windows) options, global audio settings, suspension settings etc.)
Driver information (e.g. fuel economy statistics (often encompassed by "trip computer" functions), battery level, tire-pressure monitoring, etc.)
User manual (full on-board car user manual, displayed on screen)

Quick Reply: Opinions on price please.