Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

MMI 3G High issue with Name and Contacts

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI 3G High issue with Name and Contacts

Hello,

I'm not sure how this happened, but for some reason my MMI does not allow me to store names or import phone contacts. I bought a used Q5 which had previous contacts from the former owner and I deleted them. I have tried the following with no success:

1) Pair/Unpair phone (3 different ones) - I am able to make calls and see the caller ID #, but no contact name
When I click on "import contacts" it appears as if it is doing something, goes from 0 to 300 and then it stops and ZERO contacts are imported
2) Use the NAV to save a place, it "saves" it, but still the "find entry" option is greyed out and no places or names are stored
3) I have tried to save a name in the NAME button, I start with the last name, use the scroll to type the last name, click OK and the name is not shown in the LAST NAME field, and cannot move to another.
4) I tried to save VCF files from my laptop on an SD card to import them to the MMI and I get the following:
-Invalid Format .... nothing happened

-Saved VCF from gmail contacts
-Format Valid... importing contact... then O contacts imported

I have tried everything and no luck.

I am software engineer and my conclusion is that when I deleted the previous contacts, the MMI might not know which format to store the contacts and now I need to rebuild the database or use the special AUDI format that is not know to me.

I used an exported contact from another MMI via SDcard and when I import the vCard which did not work either and I got:

Import completed
No errors

Contacts imported : 0

another thing to mention is that my hard drive is OK, I imported music from the SDcard into the MMI's jukebox and it works perfect.

So if anyone has had this issue before, any input will be appreciated. It si so frustrating to finally get my hands on such a nice car and not being able to use a simple but useful feature that every car has nowadays.

I also did a "reset to default" in all options and still not able to store a name!

Please help!!
BTW my software version is HNAV-US_P0118_D1